1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 locks up just once each day

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by TDK1044, Dec 5, 2012.

1. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    I just went from Whole Home DVR to one HR34 plus a Genie client. I love it. The HR34 is a very good device in my opinion.

I have just one quirky issue with it. When I first take it from standby to actually being on, the first time I use the remote, the HR34 will lock up for about 30 seconds. After that, it functions perfectly for the rest of the day.

Is this a known issue? It's not really a biggie now that I know that it will do this...and it only ever does it that one time when I first talk to it. :)

2. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    This is not an unheard of Directv receiver issue. All I can say is NO my HR34 doesn't do this. But my HR23 does. If I reboot, its fine for about a week, then same thing next week.

But now I don't have my HR34 with Clients, just H25s so maybe it has something to do with clients being connected.