1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 not jumping back after fast forward

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Andrew911tt, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Andrew911tt

Andrew911tt Cool Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Does anyone else have the problem with there HR34 when you are fast forwarding(level 3) and when you hit the play button instead of jumping back ~20 second the video jumps forward ~20 seconds. It is very very frustrating because it happens about 70% of the time. Then when you go to rewind the same thing happens in reverse and when you hit play it jumps back.

1 person likes this.
  2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is a new one for me. I know you will probably cringe when I ask but have you rebooted the receiver?

3. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Ive noticed this tonight as well, with FFW3. We got a new SW update this AM.

4. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Happened frequently for me all night,various recordings. Wish they would fix this.

5. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Stuart, I think the reason you haven't noticed this problem is that you don't use 3x and 4x fast forward.

When coming out of a fast scan, I've had my HR34 do three different things: step back like it should, stop right on the last image I saw, which is the OP's complaint, and step forward a lot more, maybe 5 or 8 minutes further into the program. It's a craps shoot.

It does it on shows recorded on its own hard drive but it especially does it when playing shows recorded on other DVRs in my system.

6. humanjas

humanjas Cool Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I notice this problem as well when I am watching a recorded show on my HR34 streaming from one of my other HR21 boxes.

It doesn't happen when I watch a recorded show on the HR34 that was recorded on the HR34

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I don't have one of these so I can't try this.
    Have any of you tried, instead of pressing the play button , to press the rewind button to slow the speed into play.
    For instance if you were using the FF3 you would press the rewind 3 times to drop into play.

8. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    It's called poor programing. We have always had that problem on our HR34. Maybe someday the programers will wake up and fix a few of the problems on the HR34 but I don't think it will happen before 2020.

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I have confirmed this is a known issue for some people. I apologize, I didn't understand quite what the thread starter was saying... as I've had this on rare occasions myself.

10. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn AllStar

Jan 11, 2006
    Colorado
    +1

VERY VERY annoying!! :mad:

11. netkas

netkas New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Roseville CA
    This happens since I upgraded to the HR34 Genie but seems to be much worse in the last month. It happens whether I'm watching live TV or recorded TV, almost all the time. When I watch live TV or a recorded program on the genie mini, the jump back 20 seconds works properly.