1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 Recordings disappeared

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by spartacvs, Feb 12, 2013.

1. spartacvs

spartacvs Mentor

Dec 29, 2011
    I hope somebody in here can give answers because Directv has no clue what happened.

I have an HR34 and the recordings just disappeared from my list without me deleting it. When I left, I saw that there was about 40% free space then when I came back and checked the recordings it went up to 77% free space. I checked my recorded shows and most of them are gone, I tried to reset the HR34 to no avail. This isn't the first time that has happened to me, the last time was about 3 months ago, the recordings also disappeared. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

2. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    Do you have an external hard drive attached?

3. spartacvs

spartacvs Mentor

Dec 29, 2011
    No external hard drive attached.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    What type of recordings were lost? Were they regular recordings from normal channels you subscribe to, or were they pay per view or on-demand programs? Sometimes there are limits on how long an on-demand or ppv will remain on your DVR.

Also, if you have whole-home, make sure you haven't changed the local/all setting on what DVRs you can see. However, that shouldn't have an impact on open space.

5. spartacvs

spartacvs Mentor

Dec 29, 2011
    Just network and cables shows no PPV or on-demand.

6. Datagg

Datagg Legend

May 17, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    Did you make sure your tv was on.. LOL, just kidding.... i had that happen a few times when i got my HR34... no answers to why. Things only got worse from there. My best guess was a defective hard drive. New unit fired up a couple of days ago, all working great at this point.

7. spartacvs

spartacvs Mentor

Dec 29, 2011
    Is it possible if I can request a new HR34?

8. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I would think if you called both times after losing recordings, you have a solid case for new equipment.

9. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I think Carl6 may have the answer. I've had things disappear after a year.

10. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Do a menu reset and see if they come back.