HR34 Sports Search still partially broken?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by codespy, Jun 13, 2015.

1. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Am I the only one still having issues with Sports Search on my HR34? Sprint Cup does not populate any races for months now, Nationwide is still listed as an option and not Xfinity, but Nascar Truck races populate just fine. That's the only Nascar race search that works.

My Brewers Sport Search populates games, including duplicates on local Spanish OTA channels and Fox Deportes channel 425. I have the local OTA's unchecked in my edited off-air channels, and those channels along with 425 are unchecked in my Custom1 channel list I created. Yet, they are still populating for recording. I am guessing that feature is not working correctly either.

I assume I should resort to a Boolean smart search unless I am doing something wrong. Anyone else with the same problems? Thanks.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Yup, still broken halfway into the NASCAR season.

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    What a cluster. I'm glad the big four pro sports seem to work fine. But racing seems to be in the bottom of the river. :(

4. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Thanks guys for the info.

5. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    I really feel like they don't want to correct Nationwide to be Xfinity because Xfinity is their competition....

6. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Good point....never thought of it that way. They at least need to fix Sprint Cup.

7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    If that's the reason then whoever made that call should be fired along with the guy above him for allowing that guy to think like that in the first place. I have no compassion for idiots doing things like that on purpose.

However I doubt that's why the issue is there myself. I think it's more the do one thing then move onto another and don't worry about keeping it up to date constantly mentality of the bean counters who control what's worked on and when.

8. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    If they can't keep a feature up to date they shouldn't have put out the feature.

9. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    I went back to a Boolean search to get Sprint Cup races to record.

10. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Yep....Roger that....Me too. At least that feature still works. :)