1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR44-500 recording multiple shows at once?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by SledgeHammer, Aug 11, 2013.

1. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Ok, I'm slightly confused about the capabilities. Some posts / sites on the web I'm seeing that I can only record 2 shows at once (watch a 3rd) and stream to 3 clients. Other posts I'm seeing say I can record 5 shows off the sat / ota at once. Which one is correct?

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Ok, I'm slightly confused about the capabilities. Some posts / sites on the web I'm seeing that I can only record 2 shows at once (watch a 3rd) and stream to 3 clients. Other posts I'm seeing say I can record 5 shows off the sat / ota at once. Which one is correct?
    the Genies can indeed record up to 5 shows at once, regardless if from satellite or OTA via the AM21 OTA module. but if you have clients they will take a tuner when the clients are watching live TV. so if you just have the Genie, all tuners are yours for the taking

3. kaminar

kaminar Mentor

Mar 25, 2012
    Those sites may be referring to Cinema Plus capability, over the internet. Based on past posts on the DirecTV tech forums..since internet access does not require a tuner, the Genie has a "6th" viewing experience (please correct this information if wrong). Aside from that, you're limited to 5 tuners = 5 live OR 5 recorded OR some mix (with a limit of streaming 3).

-=K=-

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    the "6th" tuner is known as a "network tuner"