HR44/700 Daily No Signal

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jmackc, Feb 12, 2021.

1. jmackc

jmackc Cool Member

Sep 14, 2007
    The subject receiver 0252-3005-9404 has software 0x147d installed 1/26. It has a wired ethernet connection and connects through a Demon AVR 700.
    Generally in the mornings the tv (Sony XBR900F) may come on for a few minutes,then the screen goes black with the message "No Signal - change your input". The DTV receiver stays on while the tv is off. Restarting the receiver, sometimes twice, corrects the problem.
    Then normally all is perfect until about 5:30 pm when the exact situation happens and the receiver has to be reset.
    CSR has not been any help as communicating with a tech whose first language is most definitely not English is difficult.
    Thanks for your consideration.

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Do you Have HDMI Control set to On in the D*TV RECEIVER? and on the SONY settings are the Denon AVR? as I assume you connected HDMI --are you using the earch Hdmi port on the TV to the Denon?

3. baws22489

baws22489 Mentor

Sep 3, 2006
    Southern MD
    This has happened to me the past few days, I rebooted my HR44-500 and after running diagnostic it goes to the satellite screen to get to 100%, when the video output goes away and my LG Oled says no signal. I had to reboot 3 times before it came back. I switched a Blurray to that input and it worked so its not the cable or HDMI port. I called Directv to get a replacement as I have the protection plan and was told that's a bug that they know of and are working on a solution. The CSR had me upload some files from the DVR so she said a replacement will have the same bug?

My DVR is directly connected to the tv HMDI input and doesn't go thru any external system.

Has anyone else heard of this BUG or is it just bs? Been a customer for 23 years so I would hope if I really wanted a replacement I could get one.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Just call and tell them you can't reboot the 44. No matter what you do. Certainly sounds like you need to replace the 44.

Rich