1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR44-700 Not Showing Yankee Games on the Playlist...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rich, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Jul 7, 2018 #1 of 13
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Once again I feel like I'm being attacked by my equipment. For the second time in a week I went to my 44 to watch a game that was in the process of being recorded. The first time it happened I had the game recorded on a couple other HRs and I just figured the 44 had missed the game. Yesterday I turned on the 44 and went to the Playlist and...no game. I had forgotten to program the back up 24s and thought I was gonna miss the game.

I did some digging in the 44 and found the game was being recorded properly but it didn't show up in the Playlist. When I went back to the Playlist it had miraculously appeared. Happened twice in a week. In the 16 years that I have been using D* DVRs I have never seen this happen. I have no idea why this happened, the 44 is programmed to record all Yankee games and it usually does...usually, I don't trust it and usually set backup recordings on 24s.

There was a thread recently about someone's 44's Playlist not having all the recordings and I think this might be the same thing. I don't use the 44 for anything but sports but it has plenty of series being recorded. Might not show any of those recordings either, I'll take a quick look later.

Anybody have any thoughts about this? Gotta be the software, I think. I don't see an HDD doing this and cabling causing it would be a stretch. I'm thinking software and I'm not worried about it.

Rich

William Foster Sr likes this.
  2. Jul 7, 2018 #2 of 13
    utbronco

utbronco Mentor

Dec 26, 2007
    Great write up on your HR44. We have an HR54 Genie and it is missing all kinds of recorded shows. They may show today, but by tonight, they are missing and it's impossible to find them. They came and installed a new release which didn't seem to do anything. I'm being told that another release is due out mid july about this issue. I wish I could say for sure it's the same problem you're having. Good Luck to us all!!

Rich likes this.
  3. Jul 7, 2018 #3 of 13
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    It’s the software rich. This is a new bug and I am sure they are dealing with it along with all the changes of the sizes of fonts and such.. if they had only done all that before rolling it out to the masses instead of rushing fixes after they where told the font was a problem...

4. Jul 7, 2018 #4 of 13
    texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    There are many posts about this bug which appeared a couple of releases ago.

5. Jul 8, 2018 #5 of 13
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yup. What else could it be? Shame to put this crappy software on the best DVR I've ever had. But this is nothing new, the software on the Genies has been...awful from the beginning. At least this is something they HAVE to fix, unlike the Black Shroud thing...boy, does that aggravate me. And when the NFL games come on it's gonna be even more aggravating.

Rich

6. Jul 8, 2018 #6 of 13
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I know, it just hit the one thing I care about. I'd never notice missing recordings on the 44, I simply don't use for anything but sports. It's easy to deal with, a trip to the To Do List (or whatever the nitwits decided to call it) and the recording will show up in the Playlist. I have only dealt with a couple missed games that were being recorded...let me see if today's game is in the Playlist...hmm, same thing is happening. I can see it is being recorded by going to the To Do List and I can access the recording but I can't get it to come up in the Playlist...let me see if I can see it on a 24's Playlist...yup, it comes up on the 24 but still not on the 44.

Oh well, it's just another minor annoyance.

Rich

7. Jul 8, 2018 #7 of 13
    jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    That has to be frustrating.
    I would like to upgrade but the negative things in the software in the Genies and minis are just too much for me to do it.

8. Jul 8, 2018 #8 of 13
    WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    What "load are you running" HR54- I'm on 1088 since 6/6 and everything is showing on all my playlists?

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Not really all that frustrating as long as I don't actually lose anything. After recording for half the game yesterday it finally showed up in the Playlist. The 44 is set to record all Yankee and Mets games and I've always had some games missed. This is different tho.

Rich

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    1088, same day yours downloaded. Must be that.

Rich

11. utbronco

utbronco Mentor

Dec 26, 2007
    We are on the 1088 release on our HR54 and we cannot depend on the shows being in the playlist!!! Did I understand correctly that by going to the "To Do List" you may look there and find the rest of your shows, at least until this bug is fixed?

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    If it is being recorded you can access it by going to the To Do List. I have no idea what to do after the recording ends. All I use the 44 for is sports and, so far, all the games have eventually turned up in the Playlist.

Rich

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Doubleheader yesterday for both the Yanks and Mets. The 44 picked up both Mets games but didn't pick up the first Yankee game, I had to program that in. I checked the To Do List and the 44 really missed the game. Wasn't scheduled. All games were on the Playlist. Kinda hit and miss, I guess.

Rich