HR44-700 Pixelation on Recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by strack, Jul 4, 2019.

1. strack

strack Mentor

Nov 23, 2005
    Nolensville, TN
    I have a HR44-700 that has been only pixelating on recordings. It does not happen during live TV or on other DVR's (I have 2 HR24). It does not matter what channel is recorded.

The software that is on the system is 0X11b2 and I have had the HR44 since it came out.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks.

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Best guess I can come up with would be the HDD. Simple way to find out if that's the problem would be to put an external drive on your 44. I have the same model 44 and have no pixellation problems. I gather you only see this on recordings made specifically on your 44? You don't see that on recordings made from your 24s?

My 44-700 has an external SSD on it. If I disable that and use the 3TB internal drive I would have the same issues you have now. Even more issues than you have now. You don't need an SSD, a new HDD will produce the same effect...just won't last as long. I think. You would need an external device and a new HDD, doesn't matter what size. Buy them on Amazon and if that doesn't solve your problem you can return them.

Rich