1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR44 &C41 wiring

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by zachery mailki, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. zachery mailki

zachery mailki New Member

Jan 13, 2018
    how.jpg [​IMG] Hello my current setup is working besides one client and it is connected via the power inserter on signal to ird i would like to know if the one i have in the picture will work before i hook it up[​IMG]

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Welcome to the forum.
    Nice job illustrating.
    Looks good to me.

3. zachery mailki

Jan 13, 2018
    Thank you I was not sure if it would work or not

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    That was nice. Looks so neat, not at all like mine.

Rich

5. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Not to knocking you -Suggest doing away with 4 & 2 way and just get one 8 way (also) put a terminator on the PI (ird) out as well

Or Just take out the 2 way and connect direct to c41 pictured (and lose the 2 way) as long as it works your golden -Do noting and your fine.

Rich likes this.
  6. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I normally argue for as small a splitter as you can get away with. I would suggest using the output port of the PI to feed your third C41 and drop the 2-way splitter. Don't change the 4-way out.

However, all of the suggestions will work just fine, and always remember: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

7. Grafixguy

Grafixguy Godfather

Mar 15, 2008
    New Jersey
    Isn't anyone going to tell the OP to trade in all those clients for HR24s? :smilingimp:

8. zachery mailki

Jan 13, 2018
    i beleave the output of the pi is dead i tried to reconnect the client and it would not connect

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Can you see the small led light on the PI?

Rich

10. zachery mailki

Jan 13, 2018
    It is lit green I finally found the issue the coax pulled out of the f connector enough the center copper was not making a connection

jimmie57 likes this.
  11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    There you go! Usually something simple. PIs don't seem complicated to use, had to be something simple.

Rich