HR44 gone rogue?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Leftcoastdave, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Leftcoastdave

Leftcoastdave Legend

Apr 2, 2004
    Have 5 DVR's. One HR44 and four HR24's. Whole Home is active across all five. All playlists are shared.

Now here is the problem with our HR44 Genie. The series manager keeps displaying duplicate series. I have 38 series on the Genie but the series manager shows/lists 54 series. The extra 16 series are duplicates.

Double reboots (RBR's) clears out the duplicates temporarily but when I add a series several duplicates (not always the same series as before) show up again.

Does anyone else experience this bug? And if so is there a fix or am I suffering with corrupt firmware or a bad piece of hardware?

Dave

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    How are you scheduling those Series? Make sure your using the Guide and not the 'Smart' Search.

Rich likes this.
  3. Leftcoastdave

Leftcoastdave Legend

Apr 2, 2004
    Mixed bag. Most off the guide. New un-aired series I set up as a smart search. Once it has aired, I change the entry to use the guide. The duplicates I mentioned in my original post are both smart searched and guide searched.

I suppose I could just ignore the duplicates because they do not cause recording conflicts because of the five tuners. It is just a housecleaning issue with me.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    It's Sunday, this thread has been up for just two hours. Football game's on and I'd think a lot of folks are watching. Give it some time, this might be a wide spread issue. Or it might be the 44. When did you first see the duplicates? Could an NR have caused it? I just got the new NR a week or so ago. Have you received it? Keep posting...

Rich

5. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Maybe you have an "all channels" set up from search and then you set up a second "one channel only" entry from the guide.

jimmie57 likes this.
  6. Leftcoastdave

Leftcoastdave Legend

Apr 2, 2004
    Last update was 8/29/18. None since. Started seeing duplicates about 2 weeks ago - early January, 2019.

7. Leftcoastdave

Leftcoastdave Legend

Apr 2, 2004
    Not exactly. Once I set up a new event using the guide, I go back and manually delete the all-channels event.

8. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Are you deleting the event or the Series ? You should delete the Series set up by All Channels.

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I checked my Playlist yesterday and I found a couple duplicates of The Late Show. Don't record much else. I've had that problem for quite some time. Not a big deal to me because I don't record much but I can see what a PITA that could be with a full Playlist.

Anyhow, you are not alone.

Rich

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm on the newest update and I'm still seeing them.

Rich

11. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I believe some duplicates are caused by the data that is in the Guide. Quite often I see things there that are just not right, especially in sporting events.

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I only see this on programs recorded on the 44. I can see the dupes on my 24s but I don't see any duplicates being generated by the 24s.

Rich

13. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    An example might be:
    They just played the Sony golf tournament in the last 4 days. They might show the last round again in the next couple of days and list it's first aired date as the day they show it and not the 13th when it actually took place.

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    If we use the Guide to make recordings that should not happen. What I've been seeing certainly should not happen. Nothing I've done should produce duplicate recordings. Not sure if a boolean search would cause dupes, never use them.

Rich