HR44 Responds to RC71 but Not Multiple RC66's

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JimAtTheRez, Aug 11, 2015.

1. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    Starting two days ago, my Genie stopped responding to my regular remotes and will only respond to the RC71 peanut remote. I thought my RC66 was bad and Directv shipped me another one....it also will not work. Have any of you seen this before? Thanks in advance for your advice. BTW, I have done a RBR.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Try resetting the R66 remotes.
    Press mute and select at the same time and hold tm down , wait for 2 blinks of the green light on the end ( the initial blinks do not count )
    Now program in the numbers 981

See if that works the DTV receiver. if it does you can proceed to reprogram the rote for your TV.

3. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    Thanks, but that did not work for either remote. I really think it is something with the Genie itself.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Are you using rf with the rc71? What it codes for the others?

5. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    No. I have another DVR in here on RF. I use IR on this one. It sporadically is working now from time to time after another RBR. I also cleared the NVRAM RRBBYG. Something has helped at least temporarily. I dunno, ha!

6. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    The RC6x remotes only work with a Genie in the IR mode. For RF you must use an RC7x. Genies accept both IR and RF at the same time, so both remotes should work.

So you are using the RC6x in IR mode, which I'm sure you know. I would start looking for some other light interference. Have you added/changed any lights in the room? Have you turned on a backlight or mood light on your TV (or other equipment)? Have you rearranged furniture, or where your Genie is located? Something new in the room that might be blocking the IR path? So many possibilities that can interfere with IR, but to start having IR problems with multiple remotes suggests something other than the remotes themselves. And yes, it could be the Genie itself but you can't assume that without ruling out all the other possibilities.

7. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    Thanks for the replies. All remotes are working flawlessly now. I appreciate the help!

1 person likes this.