HR44 stuck on acquiring guide data

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by eileen22, May 29, 2019.

1. eileen22

eileen22 Godfather

Mar 24, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    We had some storms move through today, and had several power surges as the power was going out. I ran to unplug the HR44, but it was plugged in during the first 2-3 surges. Power came back on (while box was unplugged), but I can’t get the HR44 to boot all the way up, it goes through the reboot and sticks at “acquiring guide data.” I have done 3 RBRs with same result. Have waited several minutes each time before rebooting.

I also have 3 HR24s which are up and running fine. I can access the HR44 recordings from the HR24s.

Any suggestions on what is wrong and if it can be fixed? Thanks.

2. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    How long have you waited on the "Acquiring guide data" prompt?

3. eileen22

eileen22 Godfather

Mar 24, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    Several minutes each time. How long should I wait? Last time it was probably 25-30 minutes, and when I came back there was a 771 and then a 775 error. I checked all of the connections and rebooted again and I’m back to the acquiring guide data message. I know it’s not a dish or switch problem, since my other receivers are working, correct? Could I have a bad cable or power supply? Could a power surge do that?

4. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA
    1. I’m having the exact same problem that ”eileen22” is having been on hold with Directv for about 45 minutes
    2. My hr44 was working ok except for net geo channel showed no data, so I did a red button reset but now stuck on “acquiring guide data”
    3. My recent call to D* says they are having problems with some channels, this may be why it is stuck on the “acquiring guide prompt ....... just a guess;)

5. eileen22

eileen22 Godfather

Mar 24, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    Funny, the Nat Geo channel is one channel that is not showing guide data on my HR24s. I tried calling D* but gave up after holding for a long time. Now I’m wondering if something else is going on and it’s not my HR44.

6. eileen22

eileen22 Godfather

Mar 24, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    So I checked Twitter, and it seems that several people are having the exact same problem. No one can get through to D*. I guess I’ll just wait it out.

7. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA
    Thanks for the update, hopefully this gets fixed quickly!

8. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    It's a widely reported DirecTV issue.

9. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    Just came back from my in-laws who had the no guide data for hours message. Did a reboot and now like others it's stuck at acquiring guide data with the 771.

10. codespy

codespy RIP Starr! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Screen on my HR24 says 'Acquiring guide data. Thanks for your patience.'

After a couple of hours now, I'M RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE AT&T!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    My mom and grandma had this issue tonight they called me at 10:30pm she said she reset the receiver a lot (she had no patience). The reason she reseted the HR44 because she had an issue with her C51 not connecting at 8:30pm then after the reset is when she got stuck on the "acquiring guide data" screen. It finally came back on at 11:55pm.

I tried unplugging the receiver then the SWM power inserted that didn't help but while I was waiting on hold to talk with an agent with AT&T it magically started to work so I hung up.

12. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA
    Just checked the genie and it seems to have come back at some point late last night, 7am EST and the guide is incomplete but I assume it is repopulating in the next 12-24hours. Just wondering, anyone know what happened/caused last nights outage?

13. eileen22

eileen22 Godfather

Mar 24, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    My receiver was finally able to fully reboot last night around 12 midnight EDT, after being down for over 5 hours. This was handled horribly by D*, they should have had a notification on their website, and their support accounts on Twitter should have posted a notification. Neither of those things happened, and they only put a recording on their customer service number after 3 hours had passed, saying not to reboot if you had a 772 error. LOL, too late.

I sent a DM to both of the Twitter accounts, @DIRECTVService and @ATTCares. I got no response, but I was interacting with others on Twitter who had the same issue, which is how I knew to check my receiver at midnight. When I replied to the person to confirm that my receiver was also back up, then @ATTCares sent me a DM saying they’re glad to hear I’m back up and running. Thanks for nothing, jeez.

14. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA
    AT&T strikes again! Before they(D*)were bought out/sold by ma’bell customer service was a class act.....I miss those days.

15. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    For a while there were reports their call centers were overwhelmed with this issue. Those reports also indicated a recording recommending you do not reboot your DVR during the guide data outage (for obvious reasons).

Rich likes this.
  16. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You gotta have patience when something like this happens. Keep pressing buttons and you'll just make it worse.

Rich

compnurd likes this.
  17. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Would be curious to know if this problem only appeared on 5 LNB systems (possibly "requiring" 119 data)...

18. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    That’s a good question. Both my dad and I had issues- he’s on a 5lnb using a multiswitch, and I’m on a 5lnb using parallel SWM. My sister and neighbor are on a 3lnb, and usually they blow up my phone when they have issues. That didn’t happen.

19. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    Same problem is occurring this evening. I have a 3 lnb. I called Directv. There is a recording that if you have a 772 error, do not reboot the box, and that they "hope to have the service restored" shortly.

20. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Hmmm....I guess that squashes the 5lnb 119 degree theory.