Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kram, Mar 1, 2013.
Is Saint Louis one of the roll out test markets?
does anybody have a list of the test markets?
California is first
Tech is literally here installing my HR44 right now. I'll report back once we're live.
Let us know what you think............
OK, tech just left. Here are my initial thoughts:
1. Key word here folks: FAST. Everything about this thing is fast. Wow. Every menu, ever guide button, everything is as far as you can click the button.
2. New remote design. It's only been an hour but it's way different. No green, yellow, red, blue. All the functions are still there, but they're doubled as other buttons (i.e. blue is now enter, etc.)
3. Can't pair the remote with my Denon receiver. If I can't get it to work, I won't use the new remote at all.
4. C41's look exactly like the C31's and behave pretty much the same way. It's interesting, there's a little sticker on the C41 telling the tech that after April 1st the C41 is obsolete and they will get the C41W.
5. The box itself is TINY. The external power supply is almost the size of it! I can't understand how they scaled everything down so small, but I'll take it.
That's all for right now... If anyone's interested, I'm in the Hickory, North Carolina area. My tech said that they are a test market because their local office is one of the top DirecTV offices in the country.
Off to go play with my HR44.
The red button is still there, just the other three have been deleted.
Have you put the remote into RF mode before trying to pair it?
Interesting, can you take a picture of that sticker and post it?
You're right about the red button - I guess it's there to quick delete stuff from your playlist.
I thought I had it setup in RF. In fact, I was almost sure of it, but apparently it was in IR. I changed it over to RF and it works flawlessly now, thanks!
I'll work on getting a picture of the sticker.
wow...here's to hoping that the C41W comes out ASAP! Directv in competition with ATTs wireless Uverse receiver will be interesting.
does the C41 have a lan port by any chance?
It's really blurry, but here's the picture. It doesn't specifically say C41W, but the tech indicated they were already being told they'd get C41W soon and the C41 is going away.
This HR44 is changing the way I watch TV. I use the mini guide religiously, but have to sit and wait for the next channel in the list to load while I'm browsing. I can literally move up and down the mini guide as quick as I can hit the button. It's amazing.
I think the tech was incorrect. IMHO the wired C41 is not going away anytime soon, wireless just isn't a reliable as a good old coax connection. I'd guess that there will be a C41W (or something similar) coming along so they can compete with U-Verse when needed but not as a total replacement for a wired system.
I think there is a bit of a mix up here.
"The project" or test program may end on that date, but the C41 isn't going away.
At some point there will be a wireless version, but also several manufactures will make the "normal" C41.
As VOS said, nope, check out the First Look for pictures, http://www.hr20.dbstalk.com/docs/C41 First LookR.pdf
OK, just relaying what I was told by the tech. That's what they're being told out there in the field.
As with so many "new things" the rumors tend to lead reality.
C41W could be both wireless and wired. Then the customer/tech just hooks it up in the most convenient manor. A wifi chip should not add much to the cost of an RVU client (although who knows how much more directv would charge for it).
It would have to have a coax input for this.