1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR54 and 7 HR24. Resetting Router cannot see any HR24s in whole home

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Wireless Networking (private)' started by spunkyvision, Dec 31, 2017.

1. spunkyvision

spunkyvision Godfather

Oct 12, 2006
    I am having a problem with the HR54 genie and seeing all of the HR24s along with the HR24s seeing the genie.
    Nothing has changed and all was working fine until a week ago. My Cox router is acting up and works fine for 2 days then needs to be restarted.

However, it is up and running fine but the HR24s cannot see the Genie HR54 and the HR54 cannot see any HR24s.
    All of the HR24s can see each other without problems. I do not have any mini genie receivers or Wi-Fi clients (one in the same maybe?)

Once the router is back up I go in to the HR54 menu (holding info does not work for some reason).
    I go to Settings & Help->Settings
    Internet Setup->Advanced Setup->Reset Network
    I select my Wi-Fi and it runs through the 3 steps all is ok and says connected (excellent in the more info menu).
    All is done but I still have no receivers showing up in
    Whole-Home->Status
    For some reason this past week I no longer can access any of the HR24s and they can no longer see the HR54.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Ok start with the setup. How exactly is everything wired? WiFi it sounds like on the internet for the hr54? But is there also Ethernet plugged into it?

How’s the HR24 connected together and to the internet? How is all the coax from the dish wired? What dish do you have and what lnb and multiswitch do you have?