HR54 audio static

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JerseyBoy, Oct 24, 2017.

1. JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy Legend

Sep 1, 2006
    Since getting the 0xd80 sw on 9/7 I get static from the surround speakers (using a 7.1 Integra A/V processor). This happens on a lot but not all channels. Even on the channels where it happens it sometimes goes away during commercials. It does not happen using other sources (blu-ray, xbox or PC). DTV is connected to the Integra with coax audio and to the TV with HDMI.

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Any other way to hook up your HR54 to your AVR?

3. JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy Legend

Sep 1, 2006
    It was hooked up that way because the version of the Integra has an older version of HDMI which does not pass thru the info needed to tell the DTV box that the TV is 3D. But since there are no longer any free 3D on DTV I do not need that feature any longer. So I could go to the Integra with HDMI. But because of the installation it is not easy to get at the back of the Integra so not sure when I will be able to try that. And been working fine for years the way it is hooked up just a problem since the latest update from DTV.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Since you have the HDMI ran straight to the TV, when you use the TV speakers do you still get this problem ?

Rich likes this.