HR54 Black Screen

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ColdCase, Mar 16, 2020.

1. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    I fired up my trusty HR54 today at 10:30PM Eastern and got the “Haven’t received Guide data in more than 4 hours” type message. Guide is blank, went to recording list and recordings seem to be there and are watchable, until about 6:18 when the screen goes dark. I go back to guide and its now there, but all channels seem to be dark. I checked signal levels and they seem to be fine on the 2 receivers I checked. Fired up the backup HR24 and it receives the channels just fine. I have the HR24 and HR54 split locally off one cable from the switch. I don’t have time to deal with it tonight, but before I go off spinning my wheels and reseting the HR54 in the morning, I thought I’d check in here for advice or a pointer to a similar discussion.

Thanks

2. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    Sorry posted in general, should have posted in HDDVR

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Reset the DVR is first thing that’s easy. Just hit the red button when you go to bed...

What all do you have in your system and exactly how and with what equipment is it hooked up with?

Is the weather bad outside?

4. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    Thanks, Just needed a red button reset.

I have been with DIRECTV for decades and have a mix of old legacy and new legacy stuff, but basically four coax out of the LNB to a SWM16. One HR24 on one SWM bank, One coax on the other bank connected to a splitter to the HR54 and second HR24. Powered by injector. Internet connected to HR54. I have a bunch of stuff in a box ready to replace LNB and cables when I get around to it. I suppose these will be legacy when I get to it :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020