HR54 Can't delete show when at the end

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sraider, Jan 22, 2019.

1. sraider

sraider Legend

Aug 6, 2006
    At the ended of a recorded show a screen used to popup and asked if you wanted to keep or delete. That doesn't show up anymore. I now have to go into list then delete it. Don't think anything got changed but is their a setting so it will show keep or delete at then end of the show?

Thanks

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    It still works on my 44 (if there isn't another show in that series), but sometimes I have to wait 90 seconds before the option to keep or delete shows up.

3. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I just verified that this feature is working fine on my HR54-700 with SW 0x114b. The option to delete pops up immediately when the end of the recording is reached.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Just do a red button reset and see if it fixes it if it’s not even showing up after a minute. Sounds like a little glitch...

5. lyradd

lyradd Legend

Mar 20, 2006
    I've been having this same problem on my HR44 for about 2 months now. The problem is intermittent, some days I get the keep or delete option and some days I can only delete in the list. I've had the issue with two different software updates. I guess all these issues with the new GUI are the norm. AT&T really screwed the pooch after taking over DirecTV.

west99999 likes this.
  6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have a feeling it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better. I wouldn't be surprised if D* was sold again.

Rich

7. GLJones

GLJones AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    Same issue here. The quick fix is to press pause, then play and the box to delete will pop up.

jimmie57 likes this.