HR54 Drops off MRV Network

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by raromr, Feb 11, 2020.

1. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Still having this issue. HR54 sees all 3 HR24s but they don’t see the 54. Had receivers replaced. LNB replaced. Various splitters replaced. Replaced router. Used static IPs. Cannot fix. Told by DTV I will just have to live with it. Had MRV since it started and never had this issue until the last three months. I cannot solve.

2. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    If the HR54 was dropping off of MRV it wouldn't be able to see the HR24's. Since it can see the HR24's it isn't dropping off. Can the HR-24's see each other?

3. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Yes. And it is dropping off. A message comes up that the 54 has been disconnected from the whole home network.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    There always comes a point where you have to do something radical. Replacing the 54 would answer many questions. Make the call, tell them your 54 won't even boot up. I'm not big on lying but you have to deal with people that lie constantly about these problems and you might as well take advantage of that.

Rich

b4pjoe likes this.
  5. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    That is weird. Not sure how it can see the HR-24's if it has been disconnected from the whole home network. Either way I agree with Rich, ie...make them replace the HR54 even if you have to lie about it.

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yeah, when things get this weird a replacement will answer a lot of questions.

Rich

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    So, you reboot the 54, then reboot the 24s sequentially and they all come up on MRV. Then the 54 drops off. Is that what is happening? Are you rebooting all the HRs sequentially? Not all at the same time?

Rich

8. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Yes rebooting sequentially. 54 sees all the 24s. Eventually 24s will not see the 54. 54 has been replaced twice. Still happens

9. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    How is the HR54 Connected to your Local Network -Wired (lan Cable) or Wireless? or are you using a Deca RG6+Cat5 attached to your Network for interenet?

10. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    This is a software problem. Many have seen it.

Rich likes this.
  11. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    If it was a software problem wouldn't everyone be seeing this?

12. lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    How often does this happen?

I ask as ALL the HR receivers drop off the network after around 45 to 60 days. There is no refresh to reestablish other than to reboot either.

in a self contained Genie and its clients environment this is a non issue as the clients are subservient to their genie.

if this is a more frequent event for you then you might want to check your router settings for the lease renewal settings for issued IP addresses. Might also want to try a reserved IP to the 54’s MAC address.

Also perhaps check your number of connected devices to your router and if its DHCP pool is large enough to support all at once. You could possibly have another device that grabs that Genie’s IP address when its lease renews knocking the genie off?

I go thru the home once a month and reboot all my DVRs so I don’t have to put up with this horsepuckey but that’s just me.

Rich and MysteryMan like this.
  13. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    All are connected via coax. Have the deca adapter that plugs into coax line and Ethernet to router. Have reserved ip addresses for all dvrs. The drop happens at least once week. Again the 54 ALWAYS sees all other DVRs. It is the 24s that will not see the 54. In other words if you look at the 54 only you think all is well and all dvrs are connected and recordings are shown. If you look at the 24s you will only see the recordings on other 24s and the 54 will not show up when you check whole home status. A reset of any of the dvrs will “fix.” Then within a week the 54 will drop. No changes on anything like router new connections. Nothing. As stated 54 has been replaced 2x. LNB replaced. Deca replaced. Still drops.

14. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Also as I said bought a new router on Saturday and drop happened by Wednesday

15. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've had this problem for years with my 44. As a matter of fact, I've always had problems with MRV. I usually have to reboot all my HRs every week or two. I only have the 44 and four 24s and the 44 is the biggest problem. You might get lucky with a replacement, I would try that, but you might end up with the same problem. I used to use 12 HRs, that was a bit of a nightmare, trying to keep HRs on MRV. I have no idea when I got the 44, but this problem has been a constant in my life since I got it. Simply put, I've learned to live with it.

Rich

16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We've seem lots of problems like this that don't affect everybody. Your question is rational but these things aren't.

Rich

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    The more I read your posts the more I think you and I are having the same problem. I tried replacing everything years ago. It did nothing for me. Learn to live with it, or you're gonna go nuts.

Rich

18. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    DUMP the DECA Adapter Internet Connection -Connect the 54 either Wireless or Direct Lan Cable to your router.

19. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    No not necessarily, for one many don't have the same combo with a Genie and an HR24, if they do they may not have the same models. You are wasting your time having technicians out for this. I would either live with it or cancel my service if I couldn't live with it.

20. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Guess I've been lucky over the years with whole home with a bunch of HR24's then later added an HR44 and later upgraded to the HR54 and I've never had any issues with whole home working flawlessly. Right now I have the HR54, 4 HR-24's, and H24, and the C61K. I probably should go buy a lottery ticket.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    bmetelsky likes this.