DBSTalk Forum banner

HR54 install questions

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WestDC 
#1 ·
I'm going to add a HR54 to my current set up. I have SWM13 LNB out to a SWM 8 way. PI21 into red port on 8 way. 3 HR24's.
Solid signal's ULTIMATE GUIDE TO UPGRADING YOUR DIRECTV SYSTEM shows 2 different ways to add the HR54. Option 1: Wire the HR54 to the red port on the 8 way and use it to power the SWM13 LNB Option 2: Add the PI21 between the LNB and the 8 way. LNB line to the PI21 PWR to LNB connection and the Signal to IRD line connection to the top of the 8 way. Are these 2 solutions correct. Any pros or cons. I have access to a PI21 and a PI29, with my set up which power option would you use.

#2 ·
If you use the PI21 then if something happens to your HR54 the HR24s will keep working. If you use the HR54 to power the LNB then if it dies then you lose everything. Now with the power supply external on the HR54 its failure is probably not very likely, but you already have the PI21 so why not use it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.