HR54 / iPad App Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by dminches, Jan 14, 2021.

1. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    My HR54 is connected to the internet and has a proper static IP address 192.168.1.xxx.

When I go into the DirecTV app I cannot get it to validate on the Receiver Control screen. When I type in the IP address and hit “Validate” it says “No receiver found.”

Am I doing something wrong?

I am just try to gain the ability to watch some programs on my playlist on my iPad.

2. ericknolls

ericknolls Active Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    Are you trying to connect your DVR with your WiFi SSID and password from your router? Do this first. Make sure it is connected and says so in your DVR settings. Then, Try connecting the Directv App on your IPad using the same SSID and Password. See if this works!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

3. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    My HR54 is connected via wired Ethernet. Is that an issue?

4. ron_s

ron_s DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

May 27, 2020
    Shouldn't be an issue. Three questions.

First, did you allow the DTV app permission to connect to devices on your local network when your iPad prompted? This is new in iOS 14 and saying "don't allow" will block the app from talking to the receiver. Try going to settings>privacy>Local network and make sure directv is turned on. If it's not, turn it on and try now.

Second, if the above was already on and it still doesn't work, do you have Comcast? If so, try turning off "xFi Advanced Security," wait ten minutes, restart the router, and then try. If that doesn't work, turn "xFi Advanced Security" back on. It affected my ability for on demand, so may have something to do here too. If turning it off didn't help I suggest to turn it on unless it's giving you problems with anything else.

Last thing I can think of, some routers have a "client isolation" option, where it won't let devices on the network talk to each other. It may be called something different under different routers. If it's on, turn it off and it should fix it. As with the Comcast solution, if turning it off, restarting the router, and trying the app again doesn't work, you may want to put it back to the on position.

that's all I can think of. Hope one of them helps.

5. ron_s

ron_s DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

May 27, 2020
    I meant Ethernet shouldn't cause an issue*