HS17 software download

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tonyc, Jun 11, 2017.

1. tonyc

tonyc Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    Anaheim,CA
    Does any one know how to force a download on a HS17 (genie 2) because it does not connect to a TV directly the old way 02468 after reboot does not work.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    what is current version on your HS17 ?
    if it's 0x0d12 then it's not necessary to do forced download

I would try common trick - disconnect power cord, press and hold power [or reset] button then reconnect power

3. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I would wait for a response on the edgecutter forum you posted on As smith pointed out there is only one release right now so forcing won't change anything

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You need to do a reset, then watch the lights on the front of the HS17. During the initial boot up sequence (about 10 seconds) the status light remains off. Once the status light turns solid white (for about 5 seconds) press the Add Client button on the top of the HS17 to force a software download. The status light will flash yellow (for about 5 seconds) then flash white while the download occurs. Do not unplug or reset the HS17 while it is the flashing white state.

However, there should be rare if any need to do this. Installers should do this on initial install. Otherwise, automatic software updates should take care of any such needs.

jimmie57 and P Smith like this.
  5. tonyc

tonyc Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    Anaheim,CA
    thank you guys , yes i just need to leave it alone LOL