1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hughes e86 ota hd won't decode

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by whisky, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisky

whisky New Member

May 21, 2006
    Can anyone tell me why my hughes e86 dtv hd receivers will not receive ota hd signals without a dtv subscription? I have had 2 e86's for about 4 yrs. just using for ota hd. finally subscribed to dtv 1 yr ago and also got 2 h20's. finally got fed up with the h20's continual problems and cancelled dtv. now hughes will not receive ota. is there a way around this problem or do i need to call a attorny? thanks in advance for info.:mad:

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I'm surprised that you were ever able to use the E86 receivers without a DirecTV subscription, even just for OTA reception. That's certainly how the newer receivers (H10, H20) work.

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Some of the older (non-Directv brand) receivers will receive OTA without a subscription. You might try unplugging it for a few minutes and restarting it, then going through the setup. I doubt that an attorney could help.

4. Lynskyn

Lynskyn Mentor

Dec 17, 2005
    I have an E86 that's not subscribed and it works fine for OTA digital. NTSC tuner went out though, so no analog OTA - those boxes had tuner problems.

5. Twosted

Twosted Godfather

Sep 18, 2006
    I had an old Hughes E86 that I had no use for so I gave t to a friend. He uses it for OTA and it works fine. He does not subscribe to D* either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.