Hughes recv upgrades

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by HarryD, Dec 3, 2002.

1. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    Just finished speaking with a rep from Hughes. She told me that within the next few weeks, all Hughes MPG recv will be upgraded to APG.. :hurah:

Anyone else hear about this?? :scratch:

Those that want additional, I suggest you send your comments to:
    Customerservice@hughes.com

Put in a phone number where you can be reached..

2. JAYPB

JAYPB Legend

May 8, 2002
    Nope--didn't hear about it. But if it happens, I'll be ELATED! Did she say if anything else would be fixed? By that I mean:

1- If I pull down the channel bar on the bottom of the screen to view the single bar guide, all of a sudden my TV will go black---no picture (HAPPENS TO BOTH)!

2- Quite often, if I scroll ahead in the main guide an hour or so, ALL listings come up as "no information" or "no description available". If I power off the receiver and then power back on, I get all the information/descriptions in the main guide.

3- We're all aware of the CID issues. I've checked my ground--and it seems to be grounded correctly according to what I've read posted here ad nauseum.

I'm sure there are other issues....but these are the ones we deal with on a daily basis. I still LOVE Hughes menus and options--moreso than the Sony's and RCA's that friends and family have.

3. HoosierFan

HoosierFan Guest

I have the same problem with the picture going black when I do the browse feature on the guide.

I am also having an issue of when you go to PPV channel and it is showing the preview it does it as a purchase even though I didn't. It happened 24 times last month. Any one else with this?