HWS Guide Banner Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by dennispap, Aug 5, 2019.

1. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    On my HWS, ever since update U718, now on the bottom of my guide i get ads for ppv movies, even thought it is set for TIPS AND TRICKS ONLY, not SHOW ALL.
    I even reset the setting for the guide banner but still get the ppv ads. Anyone else having this? Thanks in advance.

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!

3. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    "Welcome to the new dish!" The days of not having things shoved in your face are over . . .

4. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    That banner has been on the guide for so long that I don't even notice it.

5. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Yes the banner has been there forever but it never had ppv ads when i had it set to TIPS AND TRICKS ONLY,
    Not sure why there is even a choice in the settings if Dish is going to put whatever in the banner?

6. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    You missed the point. DISH can put whatever in the banner but I wont see it as my mind automatically ignores it because banner has always been there.

7. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    if people are paying to advertise..........why aren't we getting a price break, since this is a new source of income for Charlie

8. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Maybe next Feb. we will see a 2 cent smaller price increase. REALLY you don't expect Charlie to give profits back to consumers PROFITS are for share holders buy stock if you want money back.

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    What advertisements are you seeing? All I am seeing are promotions for DISH PPVs. Not exactly high dollar advertising where DISH is raking in the cash from every banner view. They only make more money if the additional awareness of the PPV content raises sales of the advertised PPV.