1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hx and WHDVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rsblaski, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Apr 6, 2012 #1 of 10
    rsblaski

rsblaski Icon

Jul 6, 2003
    Southern Nevada
    We are about to get a tv for a spare bedroom and want to wall mount it. If I order a HD receiver from D*, am I likely to get an H25? I understand these are nice and small and can be mounted behind the tv using rf for the remote. Are the other receivers also rf compliant?
    Second question: for WHDVR, is a DECA required for the Hx? (I know that the dvrs need them as I have them on my three HRx dvrs.)
    Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

2. Apr 6, 2012 #2 of 10
    RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    If you order an HD receiver from DirecTV you get whatever is next in the pile. There is no guarantee.

If you want an H25 your best bet is to order one from solidsignal.com.

3. Apr 6, 2012 #3 of 10
    naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    If you want that specific model HD receiver solid signal will be the route to go.
    Also the wall mount and RF adapter kit have to be ordered separately which ever route you go
    Decas are only required for the H21 & H23 model HD receivers, H25 has it built in, so you wont require one externally.

4. Apr 7, 2012 #4 of 10
    rsblaski

rsblaski Icon

Jul 6, 2003
    Southern Nevada
    Thanks,
    I'm well aware that there is no guarantee as to which version you will get. My concern was whether the other models supported rf and whether DECAs are needed. You've answered my concerns.
    Can you tell me how much the rf adapter kits cost?
    Thanks,
    Rick

5. Apr 7, 2012 #5 of 10
    naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    From Directv $35

From solid signal $33.99
    http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...-Wall-Mount-(H25RFKIT)&c=DIRECTV Remotes&sku=

6. Apr 7, 2012 #6 of 10
    Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    You could also go the H24 route. Still no external Deca needed and then all you need is a RF remote. Having said that I use the H25 in my kitchen because of it's size and the family loves that receiver, it's very fast.

7. Apr 8, 2012 #7 of 10
    rsblaski

rsblaski Icon

Jul 6, 2003
    Southern Nevada
    That may well be a solution. I could keep an H24 down low out of sight near the wall plate and then run the coax up to the tv, which I would have to do anyway.
    Thanks for the idea.

8. Apr 8, 2012 #8 of 10
    doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    Don't necessarily need RF. Have this velcro mounted. Just have to hold the remote to the left side. Could be right side too.

[​IMG]

9. Apr 8, 2012 #9 of 10
    Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    I mount receivers (h24 or h25's) behind tvs all the time, no rf needed or to point the remote a certain direction, right at the tv always works, esp if mounted like the above photo with the sensor straight out, i usually mount mine pointing up. The new remotes seem to be way stronger with the IR signal than the older ones.

10. rsblaski

rsblaski Icon

Jul 6, 2003
    Southern Nevada
    Since I don't have electrical and coax outlets on the wall high enough to "hide" the cords, I might as well just run the coax up the wall as well. I think I will probably get a cable cover to make it a little less ugly.