1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hx24 {CE:01:07} 0x0398/0x0399 - Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by webby_s, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Looks like a nice quick DL for me... 0399 on the HR's

Is this Customer Candidate with needing to get first look material out? :) :lol: :D

Let the discussion begin!

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Also posted in Issues Thread ....

Looks the software push "bricked" my HR24. This evening was greeted with the Initial Setup screen .... choose language, verify dish configuration .... and wound up with this ....

"This is the wrong access card for this receiver. Please call 1 800 DIRECTV and choose message 764. You will need to provide the following information ....
    Receiver 0330 5177 2102
    Card 0021-1963-0545
    When this step is completed, we'll move on to the next."

Tried a RBR, but came back to the same place.

Swell. I'll try reauthorizing this DVR via my DirecTV.com account to see if that helps.

EDIT: Reauthorizing didn't help. Tried pulling power and remove/insert Access Card. No help. Just gets to the above message screen and stays there.

HELP!

3. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Both boxes got the push just fine. Unfortunately, in about 10 minutes of limited MRV testing last night, I didn't see much real improvement: still got two big pixelation/breakup events. I was hoping that this week would "fold in" the same MRV improvements we've seen with the rest of the HR2x line but apparently not.

4. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Not sure if someone can comment on this or not, but this seems to be the order of the pushed download:

1. Message appears to do a download, given choice to do it then or wait for timeout to happen
    2. Download starts
    3. System gets to point of reboot and runs the reboot process
    4. System stays in stand-by mode and never returns unless taken out of stand-by mode via front panel, remote seems to be useless for this action

Is this what everyone else is seeing?

5. LameLefty

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    My H24 was in standby when the push came, the HR24 was "on" . . . When I saw the HR24 was downloading, I turned the H24 "on" with the remote and saw that the download was in progress on that box too. Both of them finished the download and rebooted normally back to live TV.

6. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Since I noticed several posts in the ISSUES THREAD on the network connections....thought I'd post here too.

H24-100
    push went fine, and completed the full cycle. It was in standby when it started and on live TV (I went to see how it was progressing) at the end.

This morning - I reported 3 "issues" in the H24/HR24 ISSUES THREAD this morning, all centered around network/internet connectivity. At startup this morning, the network/Internet settings were retained from before, but did not pass any tests. TVApps also does not work.

My H24-100 is running fine and crisp this morning so far, all things appear to work just fine after repeating the network setup quickly just once...except for TVApps (which ran fine with the previous CE).

More testing coming up over this week...

7. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Still no push for my HR24 (will post in the issues thread as well).

H24:
    What I see this week is it takes even longer [than last weeks CE] to load an MRV program. While I am sure this is a buffer being put in place; one would hope this would make trickplay be a better experience. FF at various speeds still does not fall on the place I would like when I hit the play button.

8. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Give that a bit more time....I saw that as well late last night (or actually early this morning to be exact), and it improved significantly after about 9-10 hours.

9. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    For the first time my HR24 received the push (maybe it is the second time--I think the very first one worked, but none later until now).

Interactive channels are now working.

Media Share (unchanged from previous versions):
    Video still only plays for ~5 seconds without sound.
    Pictures in landscape aspect won't display (portrait aspect does).
    Music plays normally.

I watched a couple of MRV programs (HR24->H24) last night and there were still some breakups and video freezes.

10. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I have 771 errors on all my receivers. I have the WNC SWM-LNB and at about 11p.m. last night it went out. In the past it has come back when the temp starts going up in the morning but not this time. It's 2:30p.m. and I go nothin'

I had receivers find the CE versions but it looks like none of them got it. :(

Mike

11. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Bummer, the last few days we have been in the teens below zero. But I don't have a WNC LNB.

12. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    It's never been down this long before (yeah, it's not back yet).

I'm hopin' there's nothing else wrong.

Mike

13. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Thanks to Doug & Earl's help, my "bricked" HR24 was successfully reauthorized and is working again. Whew!

14. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Great to have them on our team, huh? :D

Glad to have you back among the -24 "testing alive" team! :)

15. LameLefty

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    I watched HD MRV for abut an hour on the H24 this evening and did NOT get the dreaded overheating message. :)

Unfortunately, MRV performance is still on-par with previous releases: pixelation and small breakups every 5 - 10 minutes, basically the same as I've noted on the HR24.

16. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007

I remember the original WNC SWiM lnb's had this problem when it gets cold.

You need to get that thing switched out. :(

17. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007

I remember the original WNC SWiM lnb's had this problem when it gets cold.

You need to get that thing switched out. :(

18. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    With this firmware on the H24-100 it has not seen an over temperature nor has it rebooted. Today I will run it through the MRV paces, both wired to DECA and DECA exclusively.

With this firmware on the HR24-500 I noticed that the interactive channels are now finally working (woowho!). MRV on the HR24-500 is still sporadic from wired to DECA however for MPEG-4 HD shows. Trickplay is getting a little closer to STB self-play of DVR'd shows.

Things to do on both: run Media Share...

Things to do on HR24-500: Check HDMI and Dolby Digital...

Things to do on H24-100: MRV

19. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Its good to be hearing several reports now with this CE that the overheating popup seems to have been addressed.

Smiddy - one suggestion - when testing for MRV...before you get started...make sure your router is reset. I've found in the past that once you get DECA all set up...its also a good idea to have the router "cleaned up" just once with any transient buffer data.

MRV on the H24-100 here (client), using the HR20 and HR21 units as servers was virtually flawless for 4 hours yesterday.

20. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Is there an echo in here. :grin:

I power cycled the PI and restarted the receivers yesterday afternoon and everything came back.

It was good last night and I forced all my receivers. None of them got the download Friday night before the I lost signal.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.