1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hx24 {CE:01:07} 0x0398/0x0399 - Issues Only

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by Greg Alsobrook, Jan 29, 2010.

Did you receive the Hx24 download?

1. HR24 - Yes, I have one and received the PUSH download

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. HR24 - Yes, I have one and forced a download

61.4%
  3. HR24 - No, I have one and did not receive the update

4.5%
  4. H24 - Yes, I have one and received the PUSH download

2.3%
  5. H24 - Yes, I have one and forced a download

59.1%
  6. H24 - No, I have one and did not receive the update

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Systems in this CE
    H24-100 • HR24-500

Window of opportunity to download:
    Push Download Friday January 29, 2010
    Additional Window Saturday January 30, 2010

Chat Room for Hx24 .. Don't share this link with anyone .. DBSTalk Back Room

Improvements & Updates:
    • HR24-500, Interactive Apps on HD channels
    • HR24-500, Unexpected random key presses
    • WEP Wireless support for WET610N
    • MoCA auto IP (link local) configuration
    • Stability

Hx24 Features:
    • No MOCA dongle needed & Automatic MoCA setup when used with SWM
    • New 2-way remote control setup for RC65R remote

Additional Notes:

• High Risk Download (should be pushed)
    • If the box does not automatically update to this week’s CE image during download window on Friday, please do not force download, provide report file and CAMID (Access Card #). Wait for Saturday window for force download.
    • For all Hx24 MRV testing, please use SWM/MoCA. If no SWM connection available, please contact Let me know (Doug) and I will contact DIRECTV.
    • Multi-Room-Video activation requires MRV Beta Opt in from the Multi-Room Setup Screen.
    • If the box goes into standby during software download, please take the box out of standby using remote power button and report the issue.
    • Please send diagnostic reports along with all Issue posts, including MRV issues
    • When reporting issues, if feasible please send a report while the box is in the problematic state. In addition, please provide context around when the report was sent
    • If feasible, when reporting issues, please indicate if these issues are seen on HR2x/H2x.

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    H24 has downloaded normally.

However HR24 as "New Software Found (0399)" message displayed but is still cycling through transponders.

I think it's the SWM-LNB. It's about 8° out and it usually craps out about then.

Also, after the restart and prior to getting back to live TV, both the HR24 and the H24 seemed to respond to all my remotes. I have code sets 00001, 00002, and 00003 and when I hit Select on any one of them the power light flickered on both the Hx24's...weird. :grin:

Mike

Edit: Now the HR24 has given me the "Software Download Error" and want's an RBR. I now know that it's my SWM/LNB I'm just going to follow the message and see where it leads.

Edit: The HR24 is now trying to find the satellites but since it's so cold it can't. I'll try again tomorrow.

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    H24-100

Received PUSH download, which went into a download loop which restarted at 96%. Checked with MOD and pulled plug, put cooling fan on high, waited 10 minutes, plugged H24 back in, and entered the force download code. Unit downloaded the software fine after that and is up and running.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Looks the software push "bricked" my HR24. This evening was greeted with the Initial Setup screen .... choose language, verify dish configuration .... and wound up with this ....

"This is the wrong access card for this receiver. Please call 1 800 DIRECTV and choose message 764. You will need to provide the following information ....
    Receiver 0330 5177 2102
    Card 0021-1963-0545
    When this step is completed, we'll move on to the next."

Tried a RBR, but came back to the same place.

Swell. I'll try reauthorizing this DVR via my DirecTV.com account to see if that helps.

EDIT: Reauthorizing didn't help. Tried pulling power and remove/insert Access Card. No help. Just gets to the above message screen and stays there.

EDIT: 1pm PST .... Thanks to Doug & Earl's help, I'm up and running again. Reauthorizing was successfully sent.
    Activation Completion Code = 1166
    Diagnostic Report = 20100130-25D2

5. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    h24

Diagnostic: 20100130-24C4

MRV Group/Folder play does not work. You're returned to the Playlist after the 1st show in the folder finishes.

6. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    H24

Network/internet is still not working.

7. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    H24-100
    REPORT# - 20100130:230E

RAN SYSTEM TEST - Failed Network/Internet Connection Test

- Ran Repeat Network Setup - indicated it completed fine.

- Re-ran System Test - ALL PASSED.

MediaShare with Internet video now played fine; DOD now works fine.

8. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    H24-100

REPORT# - NONE - This remains constant no matter how many times it is checked

RAN SYSTEM INFO - ZIPCODE SHOWS 00000

- Local Weather shows correct Zipcode and operates fine.

- Local Channels all are correct and operate fine.

9. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    H24-100

REPORT# - NONE - This remains constant no matter how many times it is checked

RAN TVAPPs- Get ERROR MESSAGE - We've encountered an error with this application (3)

- All Network Tests Pass; all network functions work, including MediaShare, DOD, and MRV

- Re-running the network setup continues to pass fine, however this error shows up every time attempting TVApps

10. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Do TVApps run on your other systems?

11. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Hadn't checked the others yet.....

But now I just did....same error message on HR20-700's and HR21-200.

Ran fine on last CE on all units....so I guess I need to report in that other ISSUES THREAD huh.

12. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Funny you would bring up TV Apps. I was just looking at that and feeling like its loading faster, a lot faster in fact.

Back on topic:

Still no push for my HR24 (forcing later).

H24:
    What I see this week is it takes even longer [than last weeks CE] to load an MRV program. While I am sure this is a buffer being put in place; one would hope this would make trickplay be a better experience. FF at various speeds still does not fall on the place I would like when I hit the play button.

13. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Well TVapps worked fine on all my HD devices last week and all week, and none work on anything this morning after all the CE updates - as in my ISSUES report. Strange.

14. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Due to production of the Hx24 First Look video, I was unable to receive the CEs Friday Night. Confirming I can in fact download them manually tonight? And what type of time window do I have?

Thanks.

BTW reinstallation of the DECA module, HR24 and H24 back into my system Saturday morning was an absolute breeze. Everything came right back up where it was before without a hitch. :)

15. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I would try a reset everything (if you can get to it) or the front panel equivalent (I don't recall the button combination, nor know if it works on the HR24).

Then I would try another d/l tonight when the window opens.

Found the reset everything button info (from R15 days)...

A more comprehensive reset, which will erase all recorded shows and reset everything back to an “out of the box” condition, is called a “Clear and Delete” reset. You can do this by first pressing the reset button, then when restarting the blue screen turns to black, press and hold the down arrow and the record button on the front of the R15, and hold them for at least 5 seconds.

16. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Thanks Carl. I've been advised by Doug to sit tight with the DVR on the "Call DirecTV" screen. Hopefully they can send the necessary reauthorization.

I wonder why I was so "lucky" this week :(

17. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Browsing through a local 5 1/2 hour recording of "Mike Francesa" from YESHD, recorded Friday 1/29.

FF3 is broken, choppy, it moves forward but the image on the screen does not change. Other FF is similar.

Have had this issue on-and-off other days, thought it was maybe a one time thing, but now seems to happen most days.

Sometimes have the same issue with other recordings.

Report # 20100130-1E5B.

Sent the report while the recording was playing.

18. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    HR24-500
    Report #20100130-39BF

Media Share video still plays for only 5 seconds (without audio), then the picture freezes (progress bar continues to increment).

After entering that report, I tuned to the Weather Channel HD, to see if "locals on the 8's" would work (it did not). At that point, the HR24 would not respond at all to the remote (the DTV logo didn't even blink). I tried the front panel controls and they did not respond at first but did on about the fifth try. After that, the DVR also responded to the remote. It's too soon for another report, so I added the information to this post.

Edit: I left it on the Weather Channel and "locals on the 8's" worked ten minutes later. Other interactive channels are now working also. :) :)

19. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    This is a very interesting issue.

I just tried to view this same recording via MRV from an H21-200 (0x43A1 CE) and a HR20-700 (0x4395 NR).

The H21 would not FF at all. Very weird.

The HR20 had the same exact issue as the HR24. FF3 moves forward but the screen image does not change.

So the problem is the recording? Hmmm.

20. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Unit: H24-100
    Report: 20100130-3FB0

Issue: The screen saver flickers showing off the paused frame beneath. I know this has been reported numerous times for the HR2X series and never really fixed however with my H24 it's 10x's as bad as with the HR2X's. It's as if you get 2 frames of screen saver then the paused frame. It's pretty much a strobe light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.