1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hx2x, 0x09DD Issues/Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Mike Bertelson, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all Hx2x DVRs and receivers.

Release notes: x2x, 0x09DD Release Notes

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

2. northbarts

northbarts New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    My hr24-200 has recently begun losing the audio signal, or should I say, it cuts in and out. The hr24 is connected with optical audio cable to a Harmon Kardon 7.1 avr and worked fine until now. I've switched optical audio in ports on the HK avr and still experience audio cut out. I'm currently using a coaxial connection for DD and so far so good. I'm almost certain that it is an issue with the DTV receiver, as I have had other issues with the hr24 which require the dreaded reboot. I'm in the midst of the 24 month contract and am seriously contemplating buying out and going elsewhere. Customer service wants to sell me insurance or to pay a service charge to deal with this problem. I've never paid for a service call in 10 plus years of being a DTV customer and don't intend to start now.
    Has anyone else experienced DD audio cut out with the hr24-200 connected via optical audio? Any comments are appreciated.

3. Oct 1, 2015 #3 of 57
    jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I got this yesterday morning. I have had 1 problem that I have never seen before with a recording.
    I recorded a racing program for the Wheelan Modified cars on 220HD.
    I had the full orange progress bar but it showed about 6 minutes of the start and then the pointer kept moving and the picture and the sound stopped. I tried to FF and RW a couple of times and nothing worked. I finally deleted it.

4. Oct 2, 2015 #4 of 57
    jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I just did something by accident that I have never done. I do not know if it is because of the new software or the fact that I never tried it before.

I had recorded Nascar and it was actually rained out.
    I pressed the List button, highlighted the recording, pressed the red button to delete. By accident I pressed the Red button a second time when it popped up and wanted me to confirm Keep or Delete.
    Whoa, it deleted the recording the same as if I had moved the selection up to Delete and pressed the Select Button.

Has this always been there ?

5. Oct 2, 2015 #5 of 57
    makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Yup - Red button can confirm a delete. At least it's worked that way on my HR-24 for a long time now.

6. Oct 2, 2015 #6 of 57
    jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Thanks

7. Oct 2, 2015 #7 of 57
    jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Would you look at your screen the next time you press the Red button for delete and see if the Default is now highlighted on the
    Delete Now instead of the Don't Delete ? I have always used this method and I am certain it has always been on the Don't Delete.

Edit / Add:
    If you let a show run to the end of the progress bar and then it pops up with the choices and the default is No, Don't Delete and if you up arrow it says Yes, Delete.
    I would think they would keep consistency with the pop up choices at the end.
    Oh well, I will just have to be careful.

8. Oct 3, 2015 #8 of 57
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    It's two different situations but it actuall is consistent in one way. Number of button presses so it takes two to confirm. At the end of a show they are asking you to decide and you have to make tow presses to delete it. On the playlist you initiate the delete pop up so it doesn't need but one more button to confirm.

Means either way it takes two button presses.

And red button double press has been there for years. Showed up about a year after double dash for delete went away and a lot of us complained about our shortcut loss. It finally showed up on genies too a bit latter on.

1 person likes this.
  9. Oct 6, 2015 #9 of 57
    bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    0xa72......Rec'd this update overnite.....There is a new(to me) menu item.."Connected" with a Green checkmark on the bottom of the menu list.....also MediaShare is back, its been gone for months.....also in the Extras menu there is an Icon for the DTV Home Security system.....

10. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    I'm getting intermittent audio loss on recordings with my HR24-500 with this release, did not happen with previous releases. If I pause the recording and then play it the audio comes back. It's connected to a Sony A/V receiver via HDMI, not optical.

11. millertime

millertime Godfather

Sep 2, 2007
    Just got the update this morning and my am21 seems like it updated as well. Hmmmm wonder if they finally put new channels in data base

12. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    What do you mean the am21 updated? in what way? how are you telling that?

13. mocarob

mocarob Legend

Jul 26, 2007
    I thought this thread was for x9dd ?
    Where is this 'connected' & mediashare at ? I don't see an Icon for security.

14. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I had this happen again. This time I was watching Race Hub on FS1 about 10 minutes behind live. I stopped and deleted the recording. I then went into the Guide and pressed the record button and it recorded it without problem.

Then last night I had one of my shows from CBS that I had recorded stop, leaving the picture on the screen. I thought, here we go again but just as I was about to delete it, it started playing again and I just missed a couple of minutes of the show.
    I waited until it was not recording anything and ran the CLEARMYBOX. Have to wait now to see if this keeps happening.

I also just ran the Smart Test and all passed with no errors except that I do not have a phone line plugged in and that has not mattered in years now.

Edit Add Oct 23:

I was just on the phone to Tech Support about this. She told me to tell all people that have this problem to please call so they can record the issue.
    She offered to replace my receiver. At this time I do not want to do that.

15. dod1450

dod1450 Legend

Dec 16, 2009
    HDMI 2.0 issue. I had the same hdmi cable installed on my HR34/700 from Directv. But with the new software upgrade I am getting on some local channels programs that this HDMI cable is not compadable? I did call Directv and they had mentioned something about HDMI 2.0 issue. What is the problem and how do I find and visualize the HDMI cable that support 2.0?

16. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    All DIRECTV's provided HDMI cable supports the newest HDMI standards. Usually this means an incompatible component between you DVR and TV including any inline devices.

17. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    There is no such thing as a "HDMI 2.0" cable, and the HR34 doesn't support HDMI 2.0 (neither does your TV unless it is a 4K TV made in the last year or so) so the CSR who told you it was an HDMI 2.0 issue was 100% wrong (big surprise) Call back a couple times and you'll get two more answers, probably both wrong as well :)

18. macnicol

macnicol New Member

Mar 15, 2015
    Newhall, CA
    We've been having issues with our HR23 and HR24 DVRs since the 9/30/15 software update.

Our HR23-700 has been freezing several times a day requiring a red button reset.

Our HR24-500 also freezes but more infrequently like every other day and freezes on American Express commercials and must be reset to restart.

Called DirecTV and they said they were aware of an issue with freezes on commercials. Logged my input and said they were working on a fix.

Anyone else experiencing these issues since the sw updates?

19. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    First you can do a keyword search for clearmybox (it does restart your receiver immediately when you do ) and they would help for a little while. But it's really on their end and you should be able to rewind out of the issue then fast forward or skip past it.

20. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    While this is technically true there is no such thing as HDMI 2.0 cable and I've repeated much the same myself. I have to ask how do we note the difference between HDMI cable for connecting 1.x compatible equipment which is bandwidth capable to 10.5 Gb/s vs. that for connecting 2.0 compatible gear which is capable of up to 18 Gb/s for data rates like 4K?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk