1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I broke little door on HD DVR faceplate

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Aero Man, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Aero Man

Aero Man Cool Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Grrr...looking for case parts.

Last night I relocated my piano black HR21-700 w/AM21 (moved to differant room) and I dropped the unit. The unit survived (works as before), but the little plastic door covering USB (front left side as I look at the faceplate) broke off.

Any idea on where or how I can buy a replacement door cover?

Murphy's law...when DTV raised the subscription fee earlier this year, I cancelled my protection plan to keep the monthly rate similar to before the price hike.

2. Thaedron

Thaedron Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    I don't know of any source for parts, but maybe if you ask around here, someone will offer up one on a defunct unit (owned rather than leased of course).

3. sswheeler

sswheeler Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    Duct tape

4. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    That wouldn't be covered under the PP even if you had it.

5. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Yeah, for some reason I don't think the PP people would be happy if you told them what you just told us.

Should this be in the wanted section?

6. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Just use some scotch tape to hold the door on. If/when you send it back, they will replace it during the cosmetic touchup. Don't worrry about it.

7. Aero Man

Aero Man Cool Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Great idea to solicit to buy a replacement door from a DBSTalk member. I broke the left faceplate door (covers unused USB port) on a black HR21-700 and cannot replace the shattered door. I'm in hot water, because this is my wife's DVR and used for her "special" recordings. Replacement parts don't seem to be available from DTV.

I'm willing to pay a premium w/shipping to buy a replacement BLACK left-side faceplate door from a member; hopefully with minimal scratches and in good condition.

Since I'm at work during the day (West Coast), please PM if you can help; I'll check for PMs every couple of hours.

By the way, MRV works great on my hard-wired home network

Aero Man

8. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I don't know how much you mean by premium, but I just saw two leased HR22s on ebay for like 65 or best offer. Maybe you can talk him down to 10 :) He tried to sell them for $150 last week...

You won't be able to activate them, but you can harvest them for the parts you need.

9. gomezma1

gomezma1 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    don't buy them. If his account is not in good standing you will not be able to activate them. I got scammed on a HD R22.

10. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I guess I should have been more specific. I meant buy them and harvest them for parts.

11. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If they are leased, noone should be buying them....in essence you are buying stolen equipment, and if you buy it knowingly, you are just as guilty as the seller.

12. gomezma1

gomezma1 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    not only that, the seller will be tacked on with a big bill for no returning them.

13. Aero Man

Aero Man Cool Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Thanks everyone - you're watching my back.

Does anyone have a broken HR-21/22 that you want to sell for parts - keep the internal hard drive for yourself. I just need that little door.

Aero Man

14. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    I think the HR21 and HR22 (mine is an R22-100 though so I could be wrong) have different finishes? Isn't one glossy and one matte?

I just yanked the left side USB cover off my 10 yr old's 21-700 and it's glossy. He's spoiled enough so you can have it if that's the one you need. :lol:

PM me your mailing address if you still need one. ;)