I canceled Dish and bought a Tablo

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Papa J, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Papa J

Papa J Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    My wife and I decided it was time to stop paying for tv. We’ve had both Directv and Dish. We liked Dish better but 90% of what we watched was the local networks. Dish was canceled a couple of weeks ago after we bought a Tablo. My wife didn’t like losing Dish until she found out Tablo automatically skips commercials.
    I got tired of having to call every year to get a price I could live with and paying for services like FSSW which has been in a contract dispute for 6 months or more.
    I very much enjoyed the Dish equipment and wish them well. We are not signing up for a streaming service, just using our 35 year old antenna.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have been with Dish for over 20 years now. I deal with the same thing you did, but in my case I like a lot of the channels Dish has in the packages. I like my vip211k with the outboard HDD and the OTA tuner, but I also stream with a Fire Stick, Chromecast, and a Roku. I looked and could not find anything close to want Dish has for the money. we only have 16 OTA stations here, but not a lot of choice for OTA.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Not a huge sports fan?

Rich

4. Papa J

Papa J Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    I like watching the NFL and NBA games but I’ve been missing the NBA games anyway due to the Dish/FSSW dispute. I’m only losing one NFL game a week from the NFL channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rich likes this.