1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got HR34 swapped out to a HR44 due to issues w/ HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by taoseno, May 29, 2013.

1. taoseno

taoseno Cool Member

Sep 12, 2011
    I called last week and complained about the slowness of the HR34 and the freezes that cause a RBR. I called back on Sunday night to follow up on what "engineering" had come up with and they had done nothing. I was adamant that I wanted it fixed ( I have the protection plan) so they said they could have someone out on Monday afternoon which really surprised me since a holiday.

I played really dumb w/ the installer as he tested the HR34 and found it to be really slow and defective; he had one HR44 on his truck that he kindly installed and left it with me. He told me that on Saturday he had a guy who really wanted to just upgrade to the HR44; problem was he could not duplicate reported problems w/ the HR34 so he left and the customer was really pissed. He told me that DTV told them to be on the lookout for people just wanting to upgrade to the HR44 so playing dumb is the way to go. I acted like I did not know what the HR44 was........The HR44 is 100% better and everyone deserves one. I think DTV stinks for making people put up w/ the HR34. The remote is very responsive more so than any other DVR I have ever had. This was only the second HR44 they have installed here in NM according to my installer. happy happy happy!

2. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    And so it begins.

(Edit: it seems you actually had a legitimate failure with your HR34 which is totally reasonable for it to be replaced and I didn't mean to complain about that...it's the people that will fake failure just to get an HR44 that make me want to scream)

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    +1

or the folks that just feels "entitled"

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    exactly

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    finally we agree on something.... :righton:

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    sure

7. Datagg

Datagg Legend

May 17, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    I wish i was one of those people... :hurah: no no not really i just want a unit that works. Its time to give DTV a call yet again.. This would be the 3rd Hr34 if accepeted which i wont. Congrats on the HR44..Too bad it comes down to issues with units to get a new one. We all know people abuse the system from time to time, but lets face it, DTV created this issue on there own IMO... They make us jump through hoops to just get taken care of. We as customers deserve better than being stuck with bad units only recycled with more bad.

Anyways congrats on your new unit... I wont be far behind.

8. taoseno

taoseno Cool Member

Sep 12, 2011
    I hope no one has to put up with an HR34; seems like some people here are jealous and/or jaded. I pay for service and expect it to work correctly; I have had the protection plan for years not my fault all he had to replace it w/ was an HR44..................The HR44 is the way Genie should have been from the start; I like the RF remote but the new format takes some getting used to. Good luck.

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You're basing your remarks on your experience with a defective unit. The HR34 I have is just fine. No need to bad mouth a DVR that's generally very good.