1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate those Dish inserted commercials!!!!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by JonBlack, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonBlack

JonBlack Legend

Feb 24, 2005
    I'm really tired of seeing commericals such as "fitness made easy by John Basedow", "cortislim", various men's plumbing enhancements and the stupid ones on the Spanish channels. I always wondered if this is legal, since channels make money on commecials. I don't think I'd mind it so much if it I didn't feel it was rammed down my throat on every commercial break.

Is there anyone I can complain to at Dish? Not that it will do any good. :lol:

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The channels provide 'local availables' for cable systems and satellite providers.
    I agree that E* could use better clientelle, but the inserts are legal.

JL

3. RTCDude

RTCDude AllStar

Feb 3, 2005
    You must not have a PVR receiver. Think 30 second skip.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    It's the audio that is most irritating. Nothing like Celebrity Fitness Instructor John Basedow in stunning Dolby 5.1 :eek: Here's a novel suggestion - turn down or mute (not moot) the volume and try to rip your eyes away from the screen for a while. You DO NOT have to watch or listen.

It can be done. Trust me on this one. :shrug:

:rolleyes:

5. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    If it aint one annoying commercial its going to be another.

6. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    The Dish commercials are loads better than what the local cable company puts in, so I'd ease up on the complaints ;)

7. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    :lol: You'd think they were chained to the TV with their eylids propped open by toothpicks and handcuffed so they can't use the remote. Just a few easy things one can do when an annoying commercial comes on: change the channel, hit the mute button, get up and get a snack or a drink, use it as your time for a bathroom break, read that newspaper, magazine and/or book sitting on the table next to your couch for a few minutes until your show comes back on, check your e-mail or your favorite website (such as dbstalk) real quick. And of course any other number of things that can be accomplished in a 2 to 3 minute commercial break. It baffles me even more when someone who does have Dish complains about commercials because I know you have at least 60 channels anyway to choose from, it's not like your the guy who lives in the middle of nowhere with nothing but rabbit ears and gets two channels on a good day and might actually not have the choice to change the channel to something else that's not showing a commercial. Anyway as you can tell I really don't have any sympathy for people who have so few real problems in their life that they have to start creating their own like: "Oh this commercial is so annoying". Just remember you live in a free country (more or less) and no one has taken away your right to use your remote! :lol:

8. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    The future of DVR could be a satellite inserted commercial before the viewing of each event not able to be fast forwarded. Each time you use a DVR feature you could be forced to watch a short commercial. Commercials could start showing up during shows at the bottom with an additional channel without the advertising available for an additional fee.

9. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    You could get a book. They don't have any commercials and you can pause and restart the action as often as you like. Best part: no DVR fee!

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Until they convert to electronic books lol.

11. 23collector

23collector AllStar

Feb 10, 2005
    Invest in a DVR.

12. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    They help keep the lights on. Whats the difference? An ad is an ad!

13. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    I swear by Cortislim! It was worth this irregular heart beat, and slight facial tic, to lose 2 pounds! Yup...Corislim, exercise, and a sensible diet sure made a difference. Then again, hitting yourself in the head with a small ball pean hammer, exercise, and a sensible diet will help you lose just as much weight.

14. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    There are many members of the forums that I would recommend this diet to ... and many who would recommend the diet to me! :lol:

JL

15. Geeke19

Geeke19 Legend

Oct 16, 2004
    that Scotttrade commerical good god got to turn down the vol. cause its like freaking loud.

16. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Obviously, you've never seen a hot, steamy, Victoria's Secret commercial. :D

17. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    I prefer actual naked women. It's a lot better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.