1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a Sony SATA55....Do I need a oval dual LNB and what would the benefit be?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by WIDESCREENGUY, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WIDESCREENGUY

WIDESCREENGUY New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    undefined

2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Check out what is purple on this page. Its really for Spanish and HDTV, but you can get

374: Brigham-Young University TV
    376: NASA Television
    379: Rural Farm Development TV

Without paying extra....

3. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Where are you located? Do you need an oval dish to get locals?

4. WIDESCREENGUY

WIDESCREENGUY New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    I live in Cleveland and I get locals just fine. I was just wondering if a oval dish will give me anymore channels than I already have.BTW I will be getting a hdtv soon and I think I will need the oval dish once I get the hdtv receiver.

5. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes you do for HDTV. You'll have to get it sometime. :D

6. Homer73

Homer73 Guest

New to satelite stuff, was looking at direct tv's page and they have a deal for 2 room instalation and equipment for free... great deal! but for the future would like to have the oval dish that they show with the spanish selection. Sooo i was wondering if i could order the spanish equipment (the recievers have to be the same right??) to get the oval dish and then when i activate just order regualr programming??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.