1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have D-10 reciever,wheres ACTIVE ??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by unsub, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unsub

unsub Legend

Dec 27, 2004
    AND STILL WAITING... WHEN?? will this happen on June 21st or not? I cant wait anymore .No upgrade pending in settings menu either. This is annoying.But nobody here cares.

2. jesserulz233

jesserulz233 Mentor

Feb 27, 2005
    i care and i am still waiting 2

3. Stevo

Stevo AllStar

Sep 13, 2004
    Why did you start another thread about it, your bitter poorly set expectations were fleshed out in this thread http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=40175 in which this schedule is posted:

05/24 - Mountain Timezone
    05/31 - Pacific Timezone
    06/07 - Central Timezone
    06/14 - Eastern Timezone (Partial)
    06/21 - Eastern Timezone (The rest)

And (as pointed out in the last thread):

unsub
    Mentor

Since the date is 6/17 for the next 20+ minutes, that would leave me to believe you'll be part of the final rollout in the apparently hard to decipher schedule above - 06/21 - Eastern Timezone (The rest including unsub)

Its pretty straightforward, no hanging chads, no vague language. 6/21 is your day.

4. jesserulz233

jesserulz233 Mentor

Feb 27, 2005
    and me 2

5. unsub

unsub Legend

Dec 27, 2004
    fine... this better be it

6. matthpd195

matthpd195 AllStar

Jun 22, 2004
    If you use your D10 with a ReplayTV or a SA Tivo you might thing twice about wanting this upgrade.

It totally screws up the channel changing abilities of the DVR units & even adds a blasted SCREENSAVER that cant be disabled!

7. unsub

unsub Legend

Dec 27, 2004
    AND STILL WAITING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I`m trying to stay calm but as of 4:15 am est, down here in north miami florida I still dont have ACTIVE !!If I remember correctly WINK came through at 2:00 am. Im not going to get today am I, you lied !!!!!

8. unsub

unsub Legend

Dec 27, 2004
    AND STILL WAITING !!!!! As of 5:15 am EST wich is 2:15 am PST, no ACTIVE yet on my d-10 reciever, no upgrade pending in settings menu either. I called Directv and the phone rep said they had no idea when this upgrade would occur, if ever!I told them about this web site, and the phone rep said you should NEVER believe anything you read on the net.I demanded a supervisor, she put me on hold, and then hung up.

9. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    My stars, man! You'd think you were waiting on the delivery of a cure for your ailing child or something.

10. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
    My D10 got the active upgrade at 7:05 this morning

11. George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    I got the update this morning as well. I hadn't been to this site in a while, so I wasn't expecting it. Thought at first it was just updated graphics/fonts/etc until I read some. I'm not familiar with the capabilities of Active, so can someone link a thread that explains its capabilities and how to use it. Thanks in advance!

12. jesserulz233

jesserulz233 Mentor

Feb 27, 2005
    i recieved it this morning also. Here is the original press release about Active. It will explain the power of Active:

DIRECTV Launches New Advanced TV Services
    New Programming Services Transcend Conventional Television Viewing Experience

Las Vegas, NV Jan 6, 2005 At the 2005 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading and fastest-growing digital television service provider, introduced two new advanced programming services now available to DIRECTV customers with interactive-enabled receivers. Launched on Jan. 4, the three new DIRECTV Mix channels offer enhanced features that enable customers to view up to six live channels all on one screen. Launching in February, the new DIRECTV ActiveTM channel will offer interactive, local weather information, financial market summaries and a wide range of additional interactive services.

"With all of the programming available on DIRECTV, the DIRECTV Mix and DIRECTV Active give customers yet another way to customize their television viewing experience and enhance different aspects of their lives," said Eric Shanks, senior vice president, Advanced Services and Content, DIRECTV, Inc. "DIRECTV is focused on delivering the best TV experience to its customers. We understand the importance of creating features that make DIRECTV's programming even better and this is just the beginning of what DIRECTV has to offer in the interactive category."

DIRECTV Mix Channels
    DIRECTV Mix channels offer customers the ability to view up to six live channels, all on one screen. Customers with interactive-enabled DIRECTV receivers can use their remote control to listen and direct tune to any of the channels on the screen.

The DIRECTV Mix channels include:

DIRECTV News Mix - DIRECTV Channel 102 - Offers an instant glimpse of the most current news stories from the most widely viewed news networks, such as CNN, Headline News, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News Channel and The Weather Channel.

DIRECTV Sports Mix - DIRECTV Channel 104 - Delivers the best in televised sports - customers are able to see popular game match-ups and get a current look at what's on in televised sporting events from networks, such as ESPN, ESPN2, The NFL Network, The Golf Channel, The SPEED Channel and Outdoor Life Network.

DIRECTV Kids Mix - DIRECTV Channel 111 - Offers families a snapshot in to the most popular children's television networks available, such as Animal Planet, The Disney Channel, Toon Disney, Cartoon Network, Noggin and Nickelodeon.

DIRECTV Sports and News Mix channels are hosted by DIRECTV anchors -based at DIRECTV's Los Angeles Broadcast Center (LABC) - who give customers top headlines and highlights, and help them plan their TV viewing.

DIRECTV ActiveTM
    In February, DIRECTV customers will have access to a wide range of interactive services, which can be both personalized and localized. These new services will include daily and extended weather forecasts, financial market summaries, daily horoscopes, lottery results, pay per view and broadcast TV recommendations, as well as special DIRECTV network promotions. Using the new remote control, viewers simply push the button labeled "Active," then use their remote to navigate through the interactive features.

In addition, DIRECTV Active's video and audio components provide additional information from DIRECTV and its diverse advertising partners. Some of the features available with DIRECTV Active include:

Weather - Provides current and five-day local weather forecasts for thousands of U.S. cities, as well as regional weather maps updated throughout the day.

DIRECTV Mix Channels - Lets customers direct tune to the DIRECTV Mix Channels.

What's Hot - Keeps customers up-to-date on the week's best movies, series and special programming offered by DIRECTV.

Horoscope - Allows customers to check their daily horoscope by clicking on their individual star sign.

Lottery - Offers up-to-the-minute results from the 38 state lotteries in the United States.

Customers with non-interactive-enabled receivers will be able to view the DIRECTV Mix channels, but will not be able to listen and direct tune to the channels featured on the screen. In addition, the DIRECTV ActiveTM functionality will not be available on non-interactive-enabled receivers.

DIRECTV has been deploying interactive-capable receivers since April 2004. In February, these set-top boxes will receive a software download that will enable these interactive capabilities. The model number of this new box is the D10 basic receiver from DIRECTV.

From: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.dsp?id=01-06-2005B

13. jesserulz233

jesserulz233 Mentor

Feb 27, 2005
    lol. I was up all night and finally at 7:05 AM. I recieved the request to download new software. I will post some pictures soon of Active on my TV.

14. teknophyle

teknophyle Mentor

Oct 11, 2004

Just talked with DTV and the upgrade for all other area along the south east coast will start sometime today and if not today then in the coming days. It's being sent via satellite not phone line. Florida will be the last to get the upgrade.

15. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
    I just noticed that along with the upgrade there was two channels added even though there is nothing on these channels. They are 9030 and 9031. My guide shows (5) 9030s and (2) 9031 and lists them as DIRECTV Advanced Data Services. I guess they are for the Active Service.

16. jesserulz233

jesserulz233 Mentor

Feb 27, 2005
    the upgrade also made the guide a whole lot easier to read

17. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    got it here in NC at 7:08am today,

Check out the new signal meter, you can have a transponders signals displayed at once or the old way , toggle each seperate by sat, also new tone, like the installers sat finder meter.

18. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
    Both The Guide and Menus are a whole lot easier to read

19. nrholland

nrholland AllStar

Apr 26, 2002

Does anyone in Florida have it yet? That figures. We are the last ones to get the upgrade!! :ramblinon That just really p**ses me off! So, how many days will it be till Florida gets this upgrade. I'm sick of waiting. They told us at the beginning of the year that we would have this upgrade in February. That's over four months ago...and I still haven't gotten it yet!! :icon_lame

Can someone explain to me why D* can't send the upgrade (nationwide, not the test areas) to everyone at the same time? I'd sure like to know why! :bang I am SO sick of waiting for this thing!!

20. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    Limited bandwidth?

Same reason your grocery store doesn't stock every item in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.