1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't get it...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by AMike, Jul 25, 2010.

1. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    About a month or so ago, I decided not to renew GamePlan and Center Ice for the next season. Since these were showing on my account, I wanted to have those items removed, but I was unable to online. I called D* and asked to have these removed which the CSR was able to do. Fast forward to today, I get my online statement, and it shows that GamePlan is on my account. Fortunately, I have not been billed for it, but I received a notice stating that it was set for all auto renewal.

I know this is minor in the grand scheme of things, but you would think this would be taken care of when I initially called. This is another of those frustrating nuances of dealing with D*.

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    That's why they make their phone number easy to remember. :p Seems like something is always funky with the bill...

3. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    So, I spoke with a CSR this morning about this. She could not find GamePlan on my account, but she did see where it was on my bill. She couldn't explain why this was occurring.

It is frustrating to say the least, but hopefully this has resolved this situation.

4. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    How much time passed between when you called initially to have it removed and when your statement was generated?

5. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    I called to have it removed on 6/20. The statement came out on 7/25.

6. NaperDan

NaperDan Legend

Jun 8, 2009
    email email email!!!

7. ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom Mentor

Aug 21, 2006
    Does anyone know if ESPN GamePlan going to be in HD this year?

8. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
  9. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    I decided to look at my account this morning, and after the CSR told me that Game Plan would be removed from my account, it appears yet again. I have fired off an e-mail to see what can be done. You would think this would be so simple to take care of.

d account.jpg

10. Smoot

Smoot Cool Member

Jun 4, 2003
    I called last month to add free HD to my account and also to cancel Gameplan. The idiot CSR couldn't do the free HD, and I told them to cancel Gameplan, too. With that request, she forwarded me to Retention. Retention gave me a $20 credit for 6 months to keep Gameplan--in other words, it's free--and got the free HD working. If you have any inclination to keep Gameplan, try going through Retentions. I'll be doing the same for my Full Court Package later this year.

11. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Its been confirmed that Game Plan will not be in HD.

12. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    Well, after a series of 4 e-mails, this is now fixed for me. I'll be curious to see if this remains fixed for the next billing cycle for me.