1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I knew they would get it wrong.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Rocko62580, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Rocko62580

Rocko62580 Legend

Sep 3, 2006
    I ordered service last night. I was promised the AAA discount, the refer a freind discount and free showtime for 3 months. Here is my confirmation email.

Leased Receiver$5.00 PLUS HD DVR$75.99 STARZ and SHOWTIME$24.00 DIRECTV on DEMAND$0.00 DVR Service$0.00 AAA New Customer Discount-$10.00 Estimated First Bill Amount$94.99

I'm worried if I call the regular numer they won't help. My rep swore up and down I could get the refer a friend discount and AAA. Who should I call? Retention? Thanks!

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Did you order your new service through the 1-800 referral number? If not you are not eligible for that discount, no matter what a CSR told you. That is one of the rules to get it, you have to call the correct number...

3. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    First, do you have the ID number of the CSR that gave you the deals? If so, I'd call the general number and inquire. If you don't have the ID number or name, well, you still have to start there. If you get too much of a hassle from them, retention may be the way to do.

But, I would first start out and ask when the credits will appear. Oftentimes, they show the charges for the service and then credits will appear a bit later. Also, I'm not sure if the refer a friend credit is a one time credit, or if it's spread over 12 months... that's something you'll need to verify.

I've found that when calling D*, if I'm nice and ask the questions for information or clarification following up to an previous call the CSRs will oftentimes be able to help you out. If I call up and am belligerent that I didn't get what I was promised and start to make demands, they'll probably be less like to want to help and make your process a lot more difficult.

So start out asking for clarifications and when you can expect to see the credits, and you should be able to get it resolved. If the CSR can't help then you should ask for retention, since you were promised these things and they're not appearing.

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    The referral discount is not one that shows up right away (I think it takes a couple of billing cycles, if I remember posts about it correctly).

They currently have a two-for-one promotion going with Showtime & Starz. At a minimum, you should see a discount in the neighborhood of ten or eleven dollars, but I don't know how long it would take that one to show up.

I would do as MartyS says and see if they can clarify anything for you.

5. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I did the same thing last year and received everything I was promised.

To add to the other posts, you won't get the referral credit until after your installation. Within a couple weeks after that, you should receive an email that confirms your referral credit. It's probably a good idea to call back today and confirm it. And be sure to ask them to add notes that say they did confirm you will receive the referral credit.