1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may be Bias, but this 721 is a crap!

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Allamand, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allamand

Allamand Mentor

Dec 13, 2002
    I've only had a UTV, before I owned this 721, now going onto the 3 month.

With the UTV, the recorded shows could be watched be turnning to channel 1024..Why doesn't the 721 work this way? Heres the deal... Thunder Storm rolls in, no biggy, lose the sat, watch a recording..

THINK AGAIN!

The 508 works fine, kids can watch their toons, the 721 FREEZES up tight as a .... Reboot.. sits there reloads after 5 min, hit the PVR button, FREEZES again...

Reboot.. now just sits there waiting for Sat feed!

COME ON DISH... this is just not right! Were you guys live? No snow or rain land???

Okay,,,

Vent over...

2. JosephF

JosephF AllStar

Apr 22, 2002
    I've spent the last two nights watching recorded programs on my 721 while thunder storms rolled through Colorado.

I do still experience random reboots about once a month, but have never had one in the conditions you list.

Now if they could just get out a new software release, which is what, 3-6 months overdue

3. Randy_B

Randy_B Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    I'll gladly shoot you a payment for $150 and take the "crappy" thing off your hands! I always liked the fact that you could tune into the PVR on the DishPlayer by going to channel 1. That was easy!!

4. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    That's a GREAT deal on 721 if you can get it for that, lol.

5. Allamand

Allamand Mentor

Dec 13, 2002
    Well, i will take trades for two UTV's with 120g HD's and free PVR service
    for the rest of my life :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.