1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think it's called a BCC

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by 420benz, Jun 9, 2012.

1. 420benz

420benz Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Georgia
    What are the symptoms of a bad one?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I believe you would have issues with MPEG4 channels (usually HD), but onky on one tuner. It would be fine on the other one as its unlikely both are bad. Swapping BBCs wold move the issue to the other tuner.

3. cforrest

cforrest Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    I think you mean BBC, B-Band Converter! Usually you'll see some pixelization on the HD channels. Switch the coax inputs with their BBCs around on the back of the receiver, assuming it's on your DVR, and see if the other tuner now has the same issue on HD channels now that it has the bad BBC on it. If not then could be something else is your setup.

4. LoweBoy

LoweBoy Legend

Sep 15, 2006
    In the past I have had problems with the BBC getting in a bind behind my box and causing it to short the cable. I would try to move or wiggle them around to see if that may help.

5. 420benz

420benz Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Georgia
    OK Thanks.

6. inf0z

inf0z Legend

Oct 15, 2011
    By using the following test channels you can determine if your BBC is bad.
    Fist a quick explanation of a test channel, if the test channel is showing correctly you will see a message on the bottom of your screen that says something like "Correct HD Dish setup. 103 A-Band Odd.” If the test channel shows Searching for Satellite then you know this test channel is not coming in. In order to test for a bad beband converter the following test channels need to be checked.

9506 9507 - Searching for Sattelite
    9508 9509 - OK
    9510 9511 - Searching for Sattelite
    = bad BBC