1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought E* had an extension with Viacom?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Chris Walker, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Walker

Chris Walker Guest

I was programming a new remote for my 508 and while I was changing channels I came across a channel that had a "This Viacom Owned And Operated Station.." slate message on it but I quickly went past it because I was on the phone and not paying attention. When I got off the phone I remembered about this dispute Dish is having with Viacom, so I wanted to figure out what had been taken down so I went to my CBS channels and they are there, so I am not sure what channel I landed on that was displaying this slate. Is anyone else seeing this? I wish I was paying attention as to what channel this was on!

2. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    If you are in Arkansas, it might have been channel 240. No known channel which has this message is currently available on normal subscribers receivers, but there may be a hold over from TAX INFO if your receiver has been offline for a while.
    There are several channels which contain this message all of which are standing by in case there is a negotiation breakdown.

3. Chris Walker

Chris Walker Guest

Nope, not located in Arkansas. I don't know why I didn't stop at that channel and read the entire message but I definitely saw the slate which contained a message of "this CBS Owned & Operated station is not available due to Viacom..". It was a purplish colored background. The only CBS feeds I have are East and West coast(NY&LA), and I checked those feeds within 5 minutes of seeing the slate and both channels were working. Maybe someone flipped the wrong switch for a few seconds and I just happened to come across the channel while it happened?

4. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    They so far have agreed to a additional one week extension. Hopefully they will settle it without having anyone lose stations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.