1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want Just Sunday Ticket, Not Sunday Ticket Max

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Msguy, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Ok so It's that time of year. The NFL Season is coming in less than 2 months. I call DirecTv and order JUST Sunday Ticket thru the automated system. I clearly say "Order NFL Sunday Ticket" and it says i'm authorized. I wanted just Sunday Ticket so I can watch my Bears. I don't need the Red Zone and the Game Mix and all the extras. NFL Sunday Ticket is Supposed to just be $199. I got charged on my Statement for Sunday Ticket Max. This Ticks Me Off!!!!!!!!!:nono2::mad:

2. btop58

btop58 New Member

Jul 30, 2011
    So just call them back and have them remove the MAX. Easy as that your worries are far far away.

3. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Game mix is already included with the $199 ST though.

4. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    No see that is where there is a problem. Not that I can't just pick up & make another call back to DirecTv just to remedy this problem. The thing is I should not have to call them back. The automated system automatically gave me NFL Sunday Ticket Max (the higher priced package) when all i ordered in the first place was NFL Sunday Ticket the one that i thought i was getting for $199. Instead it gave me the package for $299. And that CRAP isn't right.

5. slinger45

slinger45 AllStar

Aug 5, 2007
    Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill

6. Bradman

Bradman Mentor

Aug 8, 2011
    Call the Waaahhmbulance:nono2:

7. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    :lol::hurah::lol:

8. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Why didn't you just activate the service from the D* website?

9. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Exactly....it would've been quicker to order exactly what he wanted on the Directv website than it took to type his complaint on this website.....:hurah:

10. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    To hell with all of you. I don't like it that i have been charged $100 more than what i had expected this year for Sunday Ticket. I don't like this practice directv is getting away with. It's not right. I am calling retention and they aren't getting that extra $100 out of me. I have been a loyal customer since 1997 and it's not right for Directv to do this.

11. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    And i don't care if all of you laugh or make fun of me. I thought i was ordering NFL Sunday Ticket for $199 instead i'm getting charged $299. [mod edit]

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    800-DIRECTV

13. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    my goodness

14. JUCJ85

JUCJ85 New Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Why does anyone even use automated ordering anymore, just add it online, it's easier, and usually never have an issue. The automated isn't always accurate. That's why I never use it.

15. SaintsFan

SaintsFan Cool Member

Jun 16, 2008
    I understand your thinking about not having to call back. But when you get to retention, tell them what happened and that you are very upset. They will fix the problem and may offer you a discount ( i.e. $5, $10 a month for 6 months) for your troubles. Look at it as a penalty fee they are offering to you for screwing your order.

Better luck next time. BTW it could have been worse...... like my former cable company who promised on two separate dates to show up and fix a problem, never showed. They ended up giving me a one time credit which I took and then cancelled their sevrvice.

16. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Keep is civil people. Discuss the topic and not each other.

Mike

17. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Why not answer the question?

18. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    What you "thought" and what you "did" are two different things.

19. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I have always ordered my sports packages over the phone. In fact anytime i've had to make a change to my programming package I have always just called the 1-800-531-5000 DirecTv number. I just don't like that I was over charged for a package I thought was supposed to be cheaper this year. I'm over it. I still love DirecTv I just wish if they are going to have the automated system, when a customer calls in to order a package that it would bill them correctly and not over charge because I clearly did not order NFL Sunday Ticket Max. That's all.

20. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Here is why. Some of us have grandfathered packages and you can't use online to make any changes. So you have to call and talk to a CSR. Not sure if the automated ordering works.