I Want My Voom TV

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by Golver, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Golver

Golver New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Here's my story (thank god it is only TV):
    In March I called the V* number and subscribed. I set up an install date and I asked to be call 3 days prior by the installer to confirm appointment. 3 days prior the installer calls me and leaves a message stating he has not heard from me, thus is canceling the appointment. I call him back 2 hours later. He states that the appointment is canceled and he will not be able to reschedule for 2.5 weeks. I am mystified to this day as to why he wanted me to call him in the first place. Maybe he was lonely, who knows. It's just TV, so I say forget it.

Then in June my wife and I realized we have this beautiful 51" hitachi HDTV big screen just sitting there, wasting away, so we decide to give V* another go around. This time I schedule thru their new improved website, which did not work the first time I ordered. Everything is all set. I have my pending install confirmation number for June 15th, except that 2 days later the installer calls and says the best he can do is July 8th. I call V* to see if they can help. They reschedule for the the morning session on June 15th and put me on hold for 10 minutes to confirm. Morning of June 15th comes and goes, no installer ever shows or contacts us.

I call V* , push option 2 for CS, and spend about 1/3 my life on hold till a recording tells me to push 1 or die. I die and get disconnected. I call back and use option 1 for new customers and I am connected to someone right away. This person is more useless then the recording. He eventually puts me on hold and then disconnects me after more of my valuable life passes by. I try again, but this time I use my time on hold to reflect on my life, family, and accomplishments. By the time I am disconnected I am feeling very zen-like and am not angered by it, much.

Eventually the next day, after about 25 more minutes of Zen time on hold, I am able to get thru to someone. He acts shocked that I have had problems and gives me a $50 credit on a account I have yet to be able to use. We reschedule the install appointment for June 25th. Low and behold, the next day I get another installer vm. This time he says the next possible date he can do it is sometime towards the end of July. I tried calling V* back again today, but just dont have the time.

So after 3 months and countless hours on hold, I have acquired a $50 credit for a service I can't use and I have found my Zen center. Thank you V* for helping me find myself.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I hope you have sent your unhappy experiences in an email to Voom management. Apparently it is the fault of the individual installer(s)

Fortunately, my scheduling and installation experience was excellent and I credit my installer for that success. He contacted me by phone the day after I placed the order. I have detailed my experience elsewhere in this forum.

If you choose to pursue this further, I suggest you get in contact with Installs, Inc. directly and request another subcontractor/installer.

Good luck.

3. Golver

Golver New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    I sent an email to the one address I could find on the site, even though it was about something for public relations. I also posted the issue in the "Ask a Question" section, but no response yet. I am currently trying to get through the CS phone system, but that is a wish and a prayer.

If you have any other contact info besides the 1800-GETVOOM number and the "Ask a Question" section of the website, I would love to have it.

Thanks.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    The number for Installs, Inc is 1-800-344-4856