I won't accept any plan with auto renewal or where I have to provide them with a CC,

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by gjrhine, Jun 13, 2020.

1. gjrhine

gjrhine Legend

May 15, 2002
    Does not work. You agreed to renewal whether or not you used a CC. You agreed to cancel by phone otherwise expect to hear from a collection agaency.

2. Jul 6, 2020 #2 of 16
    krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    call up before it auto renews to get a deal or cancels

3. Eva

Eva Active Member

Nov 8, 2013
    My cousin who got a new car had a trial and when it went away they offered 3 more months, just pay a $2 "billing fee." He called them on that and they didn't budge, so he said no biggie.

krel likes this.
  4. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    sxm has always treated me right

5. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Gee, $2 billing fee seems like a bargain to me.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is a bargain but how does one pay it if they refuse to give a credit/debit card number?
    That is the trap. Once the provider has a valid form of payment they can charge you an auto renewal.

7. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    SXM mailed me a letter 30 days before the renewal date. USPS old fashioned way. Very upfront. Also, if you renew you subscription on July 20 2020, grab your smart phone and put a calendar entry in about 360 days from now. You have 4-5 days to react. Let the renewal discussion begin.

krel likes this.
  8. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i would pay the 2.00 before giving them my CC or debit card

9. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    do they still even do invoices for new subs. i thought it was all debit or CC now for the new timers

10. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i'm on the horn two weeks prior letting them know that if there's no deals then i am gone

11. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Some credit card companies offer virtual credit card numbers. The numbers can be either one-shot (what you want in this case) or they can be assigned to a particular vendor. There are also services that will sell you a one-shot credit card number.

Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay can also offer some protection from unauthorized billing.

I personally lament that while Citi offers Virtual Account Numbers, they don't offer the service with their Costco VISA.

12. gjrhine

gjrhine Legend

May 15, 2002
    I am not getting the "trap". And no matter how you pay yes you have to call to cancel - that is in the service agreement and not a hardship in my opinion. It will certainly not keep me from being a subscriber and apparently "approximately 33.7 million subscribers.Jan 8, 2019".

"
    Can I pay by check or money order?
    Yes you can. If you elect to pay your automatically renewing plan by check or money order, or if you request an invoice, there is a $2.00 invoice administration fee plus applicable taxes for each invoice rendered, except where prohibited. Click here to chat with a Listener Care agent who can set you up to pay by invoice, or add/update a credit card to avoid the invoice fee and applicable taxes.

Make your check or money order payable to SiriusXM Radio Inc., and be sure to write your SiriusXM account number or Radio ID on your payment.

NOTE: The below post office box is for payments only, not hardware returns. Hardware returns should go to the address listed here.

Mail to:
    Sirius XM Radio Inc.
    P. O. Box 9001399
    Louisville, KY 40290-1399
    "

13. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    I enjoy SiriusXM, but not enough to pay full price. I have the renewal dates set in my Google Calendar, and a few days before, I call them up threatening to cancel my service. Of course, I pay a year in advance. I also make sure that I use a rewards credit card that I pay off every month. And, I receive a notice through email.

In fact, I have everything but my mortgage and air conditioning payment auto-charged to my credit card, and pay it off every month. This includes the toll roads that I (fortunately) rarely use. The toll collection is all electronic, thus you have a choice of using a toll sticker and having the amount charged to your credit card or maintaining a balance by regular payments by check or credit card. The other option is to use the "Toll by plate" (ZipCash) option where your plate is scanned and a bill sent in the mail.... but there is a 50% premium for toll-by-plate. As an example, from my home to the DFW airport, it's either $3.59 billed electronically, or $5.43 by Toll by plate... each way. That's a $1.84 surcharge. I made sure that both my and my mother's car had toll tags before we even drove out to Texas.

krel likes this.
  14. Eva

Eva Active Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Oops, forgot to add the envelope and the card he got said "Free for 3 more months" and when online he was hit with the $2 charge.

krel likes this.
  15. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I was notified via email almost 2 months prior to my auto renewal. If they have problems with peoples security and credit cards, they won't stay in business.

16. gjrhine

gjrhine Legend

May 15, 2002
    True for all companies for many decades now. But there are still some who put paranoia over utility and convenience.