If E* & D* merged, what would be their new name?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by -, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Guest

Most likely it would remain Dish Network but any speculation as to what a good new name would be?

EchoDirectTV

DirectDishTV

2. Guest

I like DishDirect:)

3. Guest

Funny, that's exactly what I was going to say. I think DishDirect flows better than DirectDish.

4. Guest

Chris, you sholud change this thread to a poll.....

5. Guest

I thought about that but I wanted to see how creative we could get ;)

6. Guest

DishDirect, a subsidiary of "Microsoft-GE-AOL-Disney-Time- Warner-Fox, Inc.

I may be thinking a few years further out than the rest of you ;)

7. Guest

THE ONLY REAL OPTION TO CABLE

BTW, they don't give a rat's posterior what you call them, as long as you keep sending them checks each month.

8. Guest

for Charlie's Country Cable:
    Same great picture as cable, same choice, only cheaper

9. Guest

quote:

DishDirect, a subsidiary of "Microsoft-GE-AOL-Disney-Time- Warner-Fox, Inc.

I may be thinking a few years further out than the rest of you...

How about Sky America? Seems more likely a few years down the road.

10. Guest

DirecTV.

Why did I pick one current name over the other one? Simple. I think DirecTV is the most recognized of the two -- and I think the name would be extremely important. Especially since a lot of people are unaware that DTV is entertaining offers for buyout.

So one of the two names should remain intact -- DirecTV has more subs, and more commonly recognized by the public, and so that is why I'd suggest it.

11. Guest

I agree that it should remain DirecTV since the name is so popular. I like the ring of DishDirect though.

12. Guest

Echo-burp...

13. Guest

[​IMG]

14. Guest

Just finsihed installing new dish while cable was still hooked up. HARDLY the same picture. The poeple that say that either have a raging cable system, or forgot what cable was really like. Cable is fuzzy - like an OTA station that doesn't quite come in. Dish is pixeled, but I'll take pixels over fuzz and blur anyday. Not to mention PVR! :)

I think Charlie'd leave it DirecTV by Echostar or something like that - why get rid of the better name recognition?

15. Guest

I agree with you. My OTA or cable analog signal has to be perfect to be able to compete with DBS. While DBS can be fuzzy on larger TV's, it's better than interference patterns, snow, etc.

16. Guest

Well, after tonights news, I dug this thread out of the archives. Im sure this will come up anyways. Any more suggestions?

Steve

17. Guest

Okay, I've got another one. ONE CHOICE COUNTRY TV. Let's face it, with no cable running to rural areas and no OTA, Dish would have a monopoly.

18. Guest

Well, theres always C-Band or a grey market subcsription to BEV or *c.

Directecho
    Dish One
    Skystar
    Digital One
    DishTV

Steve

19. Guest

DreckTV

20. Guest

"Gotcha coming or going" he he he he he