If Spanish Sports Can Have Ala Carte Why Not Reg Sports Ch

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by acostapimps, Nov 13, 2013.

1. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Directv added a Espanol Ala Carte Sports Channels for $4.99 which are the following: beIN Sports Espanol HD TyC Sports, Fox Deportes, ESPN Deportes HD, Univision Deportes Network HD, GolTV. They should do the english sports channels ala ESPN, FS1, FS2, ESPN 2,ESPN News, ESPN U, NBC Sports, CBS Sports, NFL Network, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, NHL Network, NBA TV and RZC, If that were to happen avid sports fans will drop there channel package in a heartbeat, but it will be really expensive, Greed is what prevents from this happening.

2. DutchAjaxFan

DutchAjaxFan New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Florida
    Agree. Comcast has it. Dish Network does it. What is the hold up with Directv?

Comcast Sports Pack has all these channels minus ESPN, FS1, FS2, ESPN 2.

If Directv adds an English Sports Package, call it "Directv Sports", I would get it in a heart beat.

3. arvada keith

arvada keith New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    I'm happy the way it is. Don't change anything

4. Joe Tylman

Joe Tylman Legend

Dec 13, 2012
    Given the price of the channels you would want in there it would be cheaper to get an english package and add a spanish add on than it would be vice verse. So you can do what you want to do. ESPN costs almost as much as that whole package.

5. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I would like to get the Optimo Mas Spanish package for $49 but I'll be missing quite a few channels I watch Comedy Central,ESPN,Comcast Sports Net Chicago,NatGeo Wild to name a few, and it was tempting to switch to a English package preferably Xtra package, but that would mean I'll probably lose the credits I'm getting with Mas Ultra pack, or am I misunderstanding how it works or does it rollover?

6. larryharry59

larryharry59 Mentor

Feb 5, 2012
    Directv Deportes is the spanish equivalent of Sportspack. Its a good deal too if you are a soccer fan who doesnt mind the language barrier (if you speak english only) compared to Sportspack which only had 1 soccer channel and was more than double the cost.