1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had to choose

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Larry Kenney, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Larry Kenney

Larry Kenney Legend

Aug 19, 2005
    I'm about to update my cell phone. I get my service from Sprint and I've had the Palm Pre for almost two years. They keyboard is beginning to get flakey, so it's time to get something new. While the Palm Pre has worked fine for me for email, web, Pandora, and various other apps available through Sprint, I want to upgrade to an Android phone so that I can make more of the apps available to me.

If you had to choose one of the new phones, what would you choose? There are so many different models and styles available it boggles the mind. I have no idea what one works better than another, so I though maybe some of you could offer me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Larry Kenney
    San Francisco

2. Larry Kenney

Larry Kenney Legend

Aug 19, 2005
    I received no replies, so took the recommendation of others in this thread and am now the proud owner of an HTC EVO Shift 4G. I love it!

Larry
    SF

3. taylor_s2

taylor_s2 Cool Member

Jan 14, 2007
    I just saw this post, and since you have already made your choice, I will add a comment. I wouldn't have been able to give you an answer because my Droid X is my first and only Android phone. I suspect many people have only used just one phone. Anyhow, I don't know if my Droid X is the best Android phone or not, but I have been happy with it. Having the Droid X, I don't think I would be happy with a phone that has a smaller screen. In fact I would prefer a larger screen. Some have said that the Droid X is a big phone. I don't think this at all. I don't find it large. I would prefer it to be bigger. It is hard enough to browse the internet using the 4.3" screen. It would only be harder with something smaller. I vote for the Droid X or any other Android that has a 4.3" screen or larger.

4. marknga1367066132

marknga1367066132 New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I just got my first smart phone, the Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch by Sprint. So far I like it and have come to realize rather quickly that it is way smarter than I am.

5. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    Stay away from the Thunderbolt!!! (Late to the thread, so this is for others reading.) B)

6. Jazz308

Jazz308 New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    East...

Okay, I will bite....why should we stay away from the Thunderbolt?