1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you signed up for the HBO/Cinemax 2 for 1, check your bill

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by raott, May 20, 2011.

1. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Last month, I was offered free Cinemax for three months if I re-subscribed to HBO. Checked my bill this month and was instead billed the full price for HBO and Cinemax.

Called today to get it straightened out. The system showed that I had the two-for-one deal, but for whatever reason, the $11 credit back did not get applied. Programming CSR said it was a glitch, so if you signed up for the bill may want to check and see if the credit was applied.

2. rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr Legend

Jan 30, 2011
    Actually it's not a glitch. the billing will correct itself on month 3 if you cancel the premium channels exactly on day 90. The CSR just chose the path of least resistence and credited it for you. The person that setup the 2 for 1 should have explained the prorated amount for the partial month.

3. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Not sure if I understand how this would work. If I signed up for 2 packages for the price of one, why would I be charged full price until month three?

4. rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr Legend

Jan 30, 2011
    Below is an example. We'll assume the amount for the the 2 for 1 package is 24.00 a month before the 11.00 credit and your bill cycle is from May 1 - 31st but the plan is add on the 15th. Your bills would look a bit like this:

June Bill = 12.00 partial month premium combo
    24.00 next months premium combo
    -11.00 credit
    July Bill = 24.00 next months premium combo
    -11.00 credit
    Assuming you cancel the premium combo on the 15th of August your bill would look like this
    August Bill = 24.00 next months premium combo
    -11.00 promo credit
    -12.00 premium combo cancelation

So the original 12.00 is taken care of by the partial month credit for removing the package in the middle of August.

I know there's probably a better way to explain this but that's why I do tech and not billing.

5. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Thanks. I think I get it now.

6. rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr Legend

Jan 30, 2011
    You're right to be concerned. It should have been properly explained when they put it on. Sounds like they didn't go over everything like they should have.