I'm coming back to Directv... how to get the best deals

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by slo_dave, Jul 17, 2019.

1. slo_dave

slo_dave Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I'm coming back to DTV after streaming for a year or so. How do I get the best new customer deals?
    I used to get an email about a $300 gift card but can't seem to find that offer anymore.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    New customer deals come and go. You'll have to call DIRECTV and find out what they're currently offering.

3. n3vino

n3vino Godfather

Oct 2, 2011
    Leon...
    Who were you streaming with and how was the quality? Also, why did you decide to comeback to d*, if you don't mind me asking?

sparky27 likes this.
  4. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    I'm coming back as well. Install is next Friday. I called 800 288 2020 and said loyalty at the prompt. I'm a current Uverse customer. Even though I'm switching within the same company I'm considered a new customer so I'm getting Sunday ticket for free and the rest of the promo channels. I'll be paying about the same as I did with Uverse. Once the pro rated charges and whatnot evens out anyway.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

5. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    Helpful tips on switching to Directv or coming back

switched in May and the gave me $300 in Gift cards AND a year of HBO for free, And free NFL this fall.
    I would say make sure they list the $300 in writing or order online so you have proof if you can.
    Almost make sure they waive the $19.95 install fee which is free ordering on line.

All this promos help make uo for the big price increase on year Two , when comparing you need to compare the cost over Two years.

HARDWARE
    ======
    Get the HR54 , it is more rock solid than the Hopper, never any issues.
    I hear the Genie 2 might have some issues
    Also dont go wireless, both Dish and DIrectv are subject to radio wave interference, not a Dish or Directv issues, but it makes customers think it is their fault.
    Getting them hard wired is solid NEVER any issues to the Genies or Joeys.

Tips on how to get the $300 visa giftcard
    ==========
    The $300 promos have been online also at Costco (google searching Directv $300) and via US Mail. You can also call and try and get it.
    Sometimes the promo is just a $100 Visa, its all based on your address AND you as if DIrectv knows you have Dish you get the $300 visa

Cost Savings all for free, to off set year 2
    ======
    $300 Gift card
    $19.95 install feee waived
    $180 HBO for a year
    $7 One free PPV
    $80 free other movie channels for 3 months
    $300 NFL package in fall
    $150 One free 4K geni mini box