I'm confused Big Ten Network

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by LinkNuc, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 9, 2007 #1 of 20
    LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Yes, we all have it now, but looking forward to next Sat. I see Wisconsin vs. Troy but I live in PA, why don't I see Penn State/Buffalo...you think its just a program guide error? I mean if theny can't even get the right regions for the right games, what's the point?

2. Sep 9, 2007 #2 of 20
    juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Look on the big 10 Alt channels Last week they carrie ALL the games

3. Sep 9, 2007 #3 of 20
    garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The games assigned for the alternate has not been listed yet. They should show on Thursday or Friday.

4. Sep 9, 2007 #4 of 20
    LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    I'm sure it'll all be worked out....but, as a hard working PSU alumni, I need my Nittany Lions on the TV

5. Sep 9, 2007 #5 of 20
    Codeman00

Codeman00 Godfather

Dec 13, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for slapping around ND on Saturday!! :)

6. Sep 9, 2007 #6 of 20
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    ND 0-2 ... Michigan 0-2

Someone is going to win next week. :D

7. Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Too bad college football instituted overtime...

8. Aransay

Aransay Icon

Jun 19, 2006
    msischigan should win

9. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    you mean like they should have won last weekend and the weekend before that?

10. terfmop

terfmop Legend

Sep 28, 2004
    Besides the ESPN/ABC channels, not all the B10 games were shown on the BTN, the Wisconsinv. UNLV game was on the Vs. channel, which was also exhbited on the free preview.

I wasn't sure why Vs. picke dup that game, anyone know?

11. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    The Big 10 ALT channel guide data did not show up until Friday night on my 921. I scrolled to next Saturday and sure enough no ALT games.

One clue to what will be carried: Scroll into the future on the main Big 10 channel and check out on all the replays after Saturday. This should give you some idea on which games will be on the ALT channels (no Ohio State game this week on Big 10 - it must be on ESPN/ABC).

12. tdw

tdw Mentor

Apr 9, 2005
    terfmop,

VS has some rights to MWC games, of which, includes UNLV. That's why it was over there....

13. timothylego

timothylego Cool Member

May 8, 2007
    I wouldn't worry about not seeing the PSU game listed yet. It should be in the guide by Thursday or Friday. I guess I don't have to worry about the PSU game, since I'll be there live. WE ARE.....

14. LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    PENN STATE, and I see the ALT's, whew!

15. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Game showed up in guide this morning. Buffalo vs Penn State on Channel 440 Sat. at noon.

16. rthomp03

rthomp03 Mentor

Sep 28, 2005
    Life is good! :lol:

17. timothylego

timothylego Cool Member

May 8, 2007
    Unfortunately, one of those two will have to win since there are no more ties in college football. :(

Let's hope for a 6 overtime 6-0 win by Notre Dame when ND blocks their 4th field goal of the game and returns it for the winning score. :D

Getting out the crystal ball and looking beyond this week's game to next week and beyond, Michigan's season gets even worse when they are trounced by PSU 31-7 in the Big House. Finally, Michigan's AD and President has finally had enough and calls a 10 AM press conference on Monday, October 1st and fires Lloyd Carr. :eek2:

LincNuc, I'm still bitter from 2005 when Lloyd Carr argued to get 2 seconds put back on the clock. I won't ever forget that if it weren't for that two seconds, Michigan would have not had one play left with 0:01 left on the clock, and we might have been talking about yet another PSU undefeated season. :mad:

Either way, thanks for the info. I still may DVR the game even though I'm going to it. I like to see how it looked on TV.

18. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    There could be a major weather event or something... that postpones the game... and allows both teams to go on to be 0-10 when they reschedule the makeup game!

That'd be the only way to make the matchup better ;)

19. LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Yeah, that was the difference between a potential Nat Champ bid vs a "who cares" BCS bowl, but to be a Nat Champ you have to have all the bounces go right, all the calls and win every game...D 1-A needs a playoff system...oh well Seattle fans still think they were screwed in SuperBowl XL...get over it...anyway I see we have all the BiGTeN on the 9000's in HD sweet! Go State!

20. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Anyone who played the Patriots feels a little ... ripped off ... right now.
    But this isn't the sports forum, so back to Big Ten coverage talk. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.