1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting ready to go back to Texas

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by captgadget, Dec 11, 2012.

1. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    and I don't remember which satellite I need to aim my slimline dish for. Would someone please advise?

Thank you

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    The slimline dish centers on the 101 satellite.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  4. acer

acer Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 13, 2012
    if you end up needing a service call, directv offers a great new texas protection plan beta. pretty neat as it extends the regular coverage of the protection plan.

5. rgswff2

rgswff2 Cool Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Any details on it or where I can find out more bout it?

6. acer

acer Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 13, 2012
    call them, also you get a free upgrade every year. now you can actually get the genie and clients free. only for texas though. if you move you lose the offer. currently it is only in texas as that is the beta state cause of how freakin huge texas is.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  8. smolenski

smolenski AllStar

Oct 24, 2006
    This is correct. I called today about a different issue (HR20-700 Tuner 1 out) and during the call asked about the HR34. I wound up getting the Genie and Cinema Kit for MRV, installed with SWM for $27.06). It struck me as wierd because I didn't have to asked for a lower price or threaten to leave(whuch I've never done) and was told since I have the protection plan and am in Texas, I could upgrade every year for $0.

She, Chris the CSR(who was awesome), told me about another program. It's an extension of the protection plan that, for $14.99/month covers all DirecTV equipment plus TV's, computers, iPads in the house, no matter how old they are. I got the first 30 days free and will read the fine print before deciding whether to cancel before the charges start posting.

Must say it was the best CSR call I've had in the 16 years with DirecTV. And, I'll probably get a replacement DVR for the one I originally called about.

9. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Hairdos seem to be bigger in TX. Good barbeque. :)