In help would be appreciated

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Cowart69, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Cowart69

Cowart69 New Member

Feb 6, 2019
    Last year I ended up having to leave my house abruptly (divorce) and I was paying for Direct TV service.

Direct TV lets you suspend your account for a certain amount of months but now I am in my apartment and want to get Direct TV there.

The problem is I dont have access to my old Direct TV receivers because my house was forclosed on and everything is not scattered to the 4 winds.

What do I do in this case? Are they going to charge me for the equipment even though I dont have the abillity to turn it in if I am going to restart my service with them?

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Do you know the models of your old equipment? Your best bet is the equipment is old and they might not want it back. Otherwise yes you would need to pay for it

3. Cowart69

Cowart69 New Member

Feb 6, 2019
    Thank you!

Do you know how much they might charge me for it? I am using firestick right now but would really like to be able to get NFL Sunday Ticket on my TV.

4. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Depends What models did you have

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Terms of Service - Legal Policy Center - AT&T
    "Unless we instruct you in writing not to return your Leased Equipment, Leased Equipment must be returned in good working order, normal wear and tear excepted. If we haven't received your Leased Equipment within 21 days of termination of your Service, or if the Leased Equipment is returned in damaged condition, we will charge you $45 for each standard DIRECTV Receiver, each HD Receiver and each Genie Mini, and $135 for each DVR, HD DVR and Genie HD DVR and each Genie 2, so please attend to your Leased Equipment return promptly. We reserve the right to charge these fees to the credit or debit card you have on file with us."

6. codespy

codespy RIP Starr! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    If you still have access to your account online, whether legacy DirecTV.com or Att.com, you should be able to pull up your receiver model numbers, and you can post your results here for potentially better answers for your question.

Also, you may need to check on your commitment date for programming. That may be another hurdle too, especially with AT&T at the wheel now. They keep on changing mine all the time, even when they tell me it shouldn’t change for certain conditions.